Router Upgrade Checker (Class II routers only)

Utilities and tools for networking, routers, setup etc
DarkWolf
Novice
Novice

Re: Router Upgrade Checker (Class II routers only)

Post by DarkWolf » Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:19 pm

This is value from latest ruc Version: 1.3.0.9 292 KB (299.008 byte):

Code: Select all

CRC32: 0E88555F
MD5: CA0A2EB675FDF1F8991577B170ABD90A
SHA-1: C5F83FEFB83076A31DCBC42AEE4E56D71B7E5F55
And this is the report from virustotal: http://www.virustotal.com/file-scan/rep ... 1279296042 :|

This is first post info:

Code: Select all

Download v 1.3.9, 214KB, MD5 Checksum = f2caf0f5a049ca25d3a3c1aaa98e7361
Are you sure that all is ok?
Neo
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by Neo » Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:06 pm

Please note that the size (estimate) and checksum are for the ZIP file (not just the ruc.exe). This means, someone can verify the checksums without having to decompress the zip file.

As has been previously mentioned, due to the nature of the RUC, it does occasionally get flagged up by some antivirus software - but these are false positives.
sattia

Post by sattia » Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:10 am

I have Avira AV and when only extracting the zip file; still did not run nor execute it, Avira alerts and informs that the ruc.exe file has the trojan Antavmu.IGM
MacTeoG4

Post by MacTeoG4 » Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:53 am

Download links are not working, it complains about database connection..
thechief
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by thechief » Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:17 pm

Please try again later ...
The Chief: :afro: Be sure to read the Firmware FAQ and do a Forum Search before posting!
No support via PM. Ask all questions on the open forum.
Kieran
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by Kieran » Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:38 pm

Downloads now working again, sorry for the outage.

Please also ignore the last few posts about viruses etc. this is no longer an issue and checksums are seen to match.
Kieran
"Indeed!"
Invaluable links: Forum Rules | Networking Guides | FAQ | Site Search | Forum Search <-- Use it or feel my wrath!
No support via PM, please ask your questions in the forum!
jeeyanov

Post by jeeyanov » Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:13 pm

2 thechief:
Thank u man! You r best router crack-jack in the world!
PCTool 2.4 helped me when i think my router 605ew is dye)
I'm from Uzbekistan and sorry 4 my so bad English)
thechief
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by thechief » Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:43 pm

The Chief: :afro: Be sure to read the Firmware FAQ and do a Forum Search before posting!
benqsiemens

[ASK for help] Trouble using RUC

Post by benqsiemens » Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:08 pm

Hello everybody. Haven't been here for 2 years. May I ask some question :

I have planned for using RouterTech Firmware to every of my routers. In fact, I was unsure if my routers are supported. I even don't know what is the difference between class I and class II routers. I have been searched in this forum, read the FAQ too, even googled for that, but can't find much informations about that (I wonder if I haven't searching it hard enough). Looks like some of the informations have been erased (I spotted some dead links for that). I have been look into the boxes and some of them have TI Chip and some have others (eg. Realtek RTL8671P). So I followed the procedures and using Router Upgrade Checker to check this out. Unfortunately RUC seems can't run properly in my environment. I have been tested it with RUC v1.3.3 (which I've been download 2 years ago), v1.3.8, v1.3.9, v1.4.0, to every routers of mine with exactly same results for all of them. The results is RUC stop working (exit immediately without warning soon after starting the progress - the progress bar still in 0% or 1%), I check in Windows Task Manager too, the "ruc.exe" process is gone few seconds after RUC exited. I have done it on the following routers :
1. Prolink Hurricane H9200P
2. Prolink Hurricane H9200R
3. Aztech DSL605EU
4. Dlink DSL-520T

The conditions and environment :
1. I have done it on my laptop with Win XP Pro SP3 w/ latest updates via Microsoft Updates.
2. I have done it on a router at a time with IP 192.168.1.1, the laptop assigned a static IP on the same subnet, connects to it with "straight through" RJ-45 Cat.5E 3 feets good LAN cable.
3. I have disabled my AV and Firewall.
4. Each routers are the working ones and before checking it with RUC, I have done a "soft factory reset" via web admin then "hard factory reset" via the hole in the back of the routers, and then ensure that I can logged to it via web admin and telnet command prompt.
5. I have read the readme.txt on the RUC and do the instructions, check the MD5 of the archives, examine the files in it (there is 9 complete files), installed "Service Pack 6 for Visual Basic 6.0 Run-Time Redistribution Pack - vbrun60sp6.exe (kb290887)", found that "ws2_32.dll" is on my \WINDOWS\system32, try to disable all the check boxes on RUC, and try to run RUC on debug mode too.

Still the result is the same, after I click "OK", RUC quits immediately adter start working it's task, and the process "ruc.exe" gone too (from the Task Manager).

And my question is :
1. What exactly the difference between class I and class II routers.
2. Which of may routers are supported with Routertech Firmwares, and which firmwares ?
3. Is it OK if I proceed flashing Routertech Firmwares via web admin (on my supported routers), RUC haven't done collecting informations.
4. If I should use "Telnet Scripter" to get the informations ?
5. Requesting suggestions on my conditions. I really like having Routertech firmware on my routers (of course which is supported)

I remembered, 2 years ago, the same Dlink DSL-520T have been flashed to Routertech Firmware v2.8, right now it is on the original Dlink firmware.

I'm sorry for my English. I can't describe my trouble in verbal in English good enough because I'm not too good in English, English in not my native language, and in my country (Indonesia), not many people understand English, I'm sorry for that.

Thank you for everyone here.
mstombs
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by mstombs » Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:11 pm

Hi and welcome,
Routers 3 and 4 'should' be compatible - are you able to Telnet into the devices manually?

Watch out when swapping routers with the same default IP address, you may need to "repair the connection" after swapping. PC software firewalls often interfere with the RUC, but it should tell you not crash!
benqsiemens

Post by benqsiemens » Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:21 pm

mstombs wrote:Hi and welcome,
Thanks for your quick reply.
mstombs wrote:Routers 3 and 4 'should' be compatible - are you able to Telnet into the devices manually?
Thanks for the info. Yes, I'm able to Telnet to all of the devices manually via command prompt. I'm able to login to the web admins too. These routers are in normal condition and working ones. I found that the default Telnet username is not "root", it is "admin" which is the same as web default username.
mstombs wrote:Watch out when swapping routers with the same default IP address, you may need to "repair the connection" after swapping.
OK. Thanks for the info. It is the same if we do these command in Command Prompt, isn't it ?
ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew
mstombs wrote:PC software firewalls often interfere with the RUC, but it should tell you not crash!
True, at first I do RUC, the firewall blocks connection from RUC to router, popping warning box, and then RUC failed. But, instead of making firewall rules for that connection, I've disabled the firewall and the AV, but still the RUC quits immediately and there is no warning from the RUC, firewall, OS, etc.
redantscity

Post by redantscity » Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:05 pm

Run-time error '9';
Subscript out of range
peter15
Novice
Novice

Post by peter15 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:42 am

it hangs at 1% when i use it on my speedstream 5450.
does anyone knows how this happend
jimuliu

Post by jimuliu » Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:17 pm

i've checked the items(1-12) metioned in readme text.
but it still prompted runtime error 9: subscript out of range when I clicked ruc.exe.
and it happend the same in the debug mode.

what should I do?
thechief
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by thechief » Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:17 pm