Router Upgrade Checker (Class II routers only)

Utilities and tools for networking, routers, setup etc
thechief
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by thechief » Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:01 pm

I don't think anyone can tell you anything more than the RUC has told you.
The Chief: :afro: Be sure to read the Firmware FAQ and do a Forum Search before posting!
No support via PM. Ask all questions on the open forum.
notinthisworld
Experienced
Experienced

Post by notinthisworld » Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:09 pm

Neo wrote:
notinthisworld wrote:hi, anyone else tried this on windows vista? i can't get mine to work. thanks
Can you answer the questions I asked in May? :)

Seehttps://www.routertech.org/viewtopic.php?p=29598#29598
I wrote:Have you read through the readme and this thread? Have you tried the telnet fix bat file? Have you installed the necessary dependencies etc?

yes i already ran the telnet vista fix. still no success. i think 1.3.0 does not have any dependencies anymore? but i still can't run it on vista. thanks in advance
Neo
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by Neo » Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:26 am

Thanks for the replies.
notinthisworld wrote:yes i already ran the telnet vista fix. still no success. i think 1.3.0 does not have any dependencies anymore? but i still can't run it on vista. thanks in advance
1.3.0 still needs the standard VB6 runtime files, as mentioned in the readme. The readme also covers lots of troubleshooting and instructions on error reporting. Do you have the ws2_32.dll on your PC? Does the RUC run at all? Do you get any error messages?
RouterTech Team and Founding Member
RouterTech Merchandise (UK)
No support via PM, please ask your questions on the forum!
thechief
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by thechief » Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:28 pm

Runs up to 32% on my Vista, and then hangs - no error messages. Just stops at 32%. ws2_32.dll is there. I haven't really tried to look into it closely yet, as I think Vista sucks real time, and I don't do any work with it (it just sits there occupying space).
The Chief: :afro: Be sure to read the Firmware FAQ and do a Forum Search before posting!
Neo
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by Neo » Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:15 pm

Have you tried the Telnet fix? Can you PM the debug report when you abort at 32%? The RUC has been shown to work on at least a few Vista systems ;)
thechief
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by thechief » Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:49 pm

Running the telnet fix did not help. I eventually got it to work by telling Vista to run it in "compatibility mode" (compatibility with XP SP2).
biro
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by biro » Sun Oct 19, 2008 12:02 am

notinthisworld wrote: yes i already ran the telnet vista fix. still no success. i think 1.3.0 does not have any dependencies anymore? but i still can't run it on vista. thanks in advance
Does it 'crash' at 1% with windows saying the program has stopped responding like it did for me ?

Windows help and support suggested this
Windows Help and Support wrote:Change Data Execution Prevention settings

Data Execution Prevention (DEP) is a security feature that helps prevent damage from viruses and other security threats by monitoring your programs to make sure they use system memory safely.

If you choose to protect all programs, you can still turn off DEP for individual programs. If you suspect that a program does not run correctly when DEP is turned on, check for a DEP-compatible version of the program or an update from the software publisher before you change any DEP settings.
Mine was set to "DEP for all programs and services" setting it to "DEP for essential Windows programs" RUC now works 100%
ImageImageImage
All my posts on RouterTech.org are Copyright RouterTech.org
G'Day Laura
Huike
Novice
Novice

Post by Huike » Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:42 pm

When I start RUC 1.3.0 and 1.3.1 on WindowsXP Pro English SP3, it gave
"run-time error 5" and would not start. Tried on two WindowsXP machines and they are the same. No desktop firewall installed on those WindowsXP machines, and they meet the requirements as in the readme file. See attached error message.
Attachments
RUC131Err5.JPG
RUC131Err5.JPG (8.11 KiB) Viewed 10942 times
Neo
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by Neo » Sun Oct 19, 2008 11:05 pm

Huike wrote:and they meet the requirements as in the readme file
Which ones exactly? :)

Have you gone through all the points in the readme? Have you checked all the dependencies are present?
Did previous versions work? If you have used previous versions, make sure that each version is in a separate folder, in case there are issues with sharing the settings file.
Huike
Novice
Novice

Post by Huike » Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:57 pm

Neo wrote:
Huike wrote:and they meet the requirements as in the readme file
Which ones exactly? :)

Have you gone through all the points in the readme? Have you checked all the dependencies are present?
Did previous versions work? If you have used previous versions, make sure that each version is in a separate folder, in case there are issues with sharing the settings file.
Yes, I have gone through ALL the points in the readme. I have ws2_32.dll, I installed the VB6 runtime, I am sure port 5000 is not used, no firewall installed, I run it from it's own folder unzipped from the source. But it will just not run on those two XP machines.

I had 1.2.9 running ok on another XP machine, I will try it on that machine and let you know.
Huike
Novice
Novice

Post by Huike » Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:54 pm

Well I just tested RUC 1.31 on the PC which RUC1.29 was running ok and it had the same error: run time error - 5. There must be something wrong.
TheMaskSeeD
Novice
Novice

Post by TheMaskSeeD » Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:22 am

i'm using windows xp sp3

when i run RUC i get following window

Run-time error '5':
Invalid procedure call or argument

anyone having same problem as me?
thechief
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by thechief » Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:14 pm

I am not. But I am getting errors about the HTTP daemon seeming to have stopped. It can't run beyond 15%.
Neo
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by Neo » Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:23 pm

thechief wrote:But I am getting errors about the HTTP daemon seeming to have stopped. It can't run beyond 15%.
The RUC is able to restart the HTTP daemon and should ask if you wish to do this. The HTTP daemon might not be restarted if the RUC fails or is interrupted before it can complete and as of 1.3.1 it can restart it, if the RUC detects that it has stopped.
Neo
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by Neo » Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:23 pm

@ TheMaskSeeD: please see your PM