Billion 7402VGP Utility

Utilities and tools for networking, routers, setup etc
SyBorg
Ex RouterTech Team
Ex RouterTech Team

Billion 7402VGP Utility

Post by SyBorg » Thu Apr 20, 2006 12:52 pm

All,

For my previous router (an Origo ASR-8400) I had a go at writing an app to get some useful info from the event log, as well as to make a copy of the log. I did this with the help of Neo.
I've modified it so that it now works with my Billion 7402VGP. I make it available here. It's free, does not record your admin password, send me your bank account details or anything nasty. I do of course say use at your own risk, but it might be of interest to some of you. Any requests for enhancements let me know but I am no programming genius..... :D

Screenshot below. I've just blanked out my IP due to paranoia

If you check the 'Copy log' option it saves the current event log to eventlog.txt in the same directory as the .exe. Each time it is run it appends to the file. This means that if you wanted you could backup the log and then clear it (click the 'Clear Log' button) each day. This might help if you are trying to find a pattern in router behaviour but you have too many events and the eventlog has wrapped etc...

This is similar to the tool that Neo has for other router types, although not advanced. With some hints from the knowledgeable out there I'm confidant I can make this a useful tool for all.

Neo,

I like the Router Rebooter tool that you've done and I think it will work with the Billion 7402, I am assuming it is as simple as specifying the correct html page for the reboot command in the .ini file. Once I confirm it works I'll let you know the correct url. Perhaps your util could be extended to give a selection for the router to reboot?
:D
Last edited by SyBorg on Fri Apr 21, 2006 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We learn something every day, and lots of times it’s that what we learned the day before was wrong.
—Bill Vaughan
Neo
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by Neo » Thu Apr 20, 2006 3:11 pm

Looks good, SyBorg ;)
SyBorg wrote:I like the Router Rebooter tool that you've done and I think it will work with the Billion 7402
SyBorg wrote:I am assuming it is as simple as specifying the correct html page for the reboot command in the .ini file.
Yes, that should be the case assuming that visiting the reboot page (whatever it happens to be) is sufficient to get the router to reboot ;)

In fact that is why it's defined in the ini file - that should allow people to try it on different routers/firmwares :)
SyBorg wrote:Once I confirm it works I'll let you know the correct url.
Great!
SyBorg wrote:Perhaps your util could be extended to give a selection for the router to reboot?
Yes, that would be good. The ini could have different sections for different routers and then you could select the model in a drop-down combo.
RouterTech Team and Founding Member
RouterTech Merchandise (UK)
No support via PM, please ask your questions on the forum!
Neo
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by Neo » Fri Apr 21, 2006 11:46 am

I have moved some posts over to the new topic here: viewtopic.php?t=122
RouterTech Team and Founding Member
RouterTech Merchandise (UK)
No support via PM, please ask your questions on the forum!