Router Rebooter

Utilities and tools for networking, routers, setup etc
Neo
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by Neo » Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:48 am

Super! You're welcome Sy, happy to help ;)
RouterTech Team and Founding Member
RouterTech Merchandise (UK)
No support via PM, please ask your questions on the forum!
Korrigan

Post by Korrigan » Sun Aug 19, 2007 8:51 am

Would it be possible to add a feature to the router reboot utility so that it reboots the router every day at a specific time (e.g. 4:00 am)?

Thanks!
SyBorg
Ex RouterTech Team
Ex RouterTech Team

Post by SyBorg » Sun Aug 19, 2007 8:54 am

Korrigan wrote:Would it be possible to add a feature to the router reboot utility so that it reboots the router every day at a specific time (e.g. 4:00 am)?

Thanks!
You can do this on the router itself by scheduling a cron job (and adding the cron job using the autoexec features).
We learn something every day, and lots of times it’s that what we learned the day before was wrong.
—Bill Vaughan
Neo
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by Neo » Sun Aug 19, 2007 1:17 pm

Korrigan wrote:Would it be possible to add a feature to the router reboot utility so that it reboots the router every day at a specific time (e.g. 4:00 am)?
You can also do this by ticking the 'Reboot and close automatically' option in the Router Rebooter and then use Windows Scheduling to run it whenever you want ;)
Korrigan

Post by Korrigan » Sun Aug 19, 2007 1:20 pm

Ah yes, thanks for the answers, I will look into that :)

I prefer the windows scheduling solution, I eventually want to be able to turn it off easily without having to go into the router.
rahimhd

Post by rahimhd » Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:58 pm

I am stuck! I am confused beyond help on howto get my Dlink DSL2540T reboot using rebooter141. Any help regarding the ini file for this router....
Thanks in advance ;)
Only the good die young! The bad and ugly (like us!) are hard to die....
Neo
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by Neo » Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:03 pm

Hi,

What firmware do you have currently installed on your Dlink DSL2540T? If you are using the RouterTech firmware, then you should be able to use the SART2_4115.ini file or a modified version of it.

If you have a different firmware, then you will need to get the URL for the reboot button - one way to get this URL is to navigate to the System page of the router's web interface and then look at the source code for the uiDoNextLoc function:

Code: Select all

function uiDoNextLoc()
{
    document.location.href="http://"+document.getElementById("uiPostIPAddr").value+"/cgi-bin...pagename=restart&var:pagetitle=Restart";
}
Where ... represents part of the URL I have omitted to keep width of this post down ;) The bit you need will be from the "/cgi-bin/webcm?getpage=" part to the next double-quote (").

Alternatively, you might like to try using the Router Stats Loggger which is able to reboot your router when the connection drops...
rahimhd

Post by rahimhd » Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:48 pm

I am using original firmware. Was too scared to flash with RT fw2.3, i am still learning more about RT fw before dive into flashing bit...

Btw, regarding the ini file, i am trying what you posted. Will post result later.

Thanks Neo.

EDITED:
I just discovered a new firmware for my DSL2540T. V3.02B01T01.EU-A.20070509, i just update the firmware and it works great. Now i need to build up my courage to flash RT2.3 into it ;)

Wish me luck.
Only the good die young! The bad and ugly (like us!) are hard to die....
rasikajay
Novice
Novice

Post by rasikajay » Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:12 pm

Neo wrote:Hi,

What firmware do you have currently installed on your Dlink DSL2540T? If you are using the RouterTech firmware, then you should be able to use the SART2_4115.ini file or a modified version of it.

If you have a different firmware, then you will need to get the URL for the reboot button - one way to get this URL is to navigate to the System page of the router's web interface and then look at the source code for the uiDoNextLoc function:

Code: Select all

function uiDoNextLoc()
{
    document.location.href="http://"+document.getElementById("uiPostIPAddr").value+"/cgi-bin...pagename=restart&var:pagetitle=Restart";
}
Where ... represents part of the URL I have omitted to keep width of this post down ;) The bit you need will be from the "/cgi-bin/webcm?getpage=" part to the next double-quote (").

Alternatively, you might like to try using the Router Stats Loggger which is able to reboot your router when the connection drops...
i think the reason router rebooter doesnt work with some dlink firmwares is because dlink uses a form POST method to restart the router.

on my router (dsl-2640t) there's JS function associated to the restart button called "SaveNBoot()". this function sets some hidden variables inside the form 'uiPostForm1' and 'uiPostForm3', and submits it through JS. I may be incorrect, but this is what i could understand as a developer.

ive attached the source code of the page...look for the function "SaveNBoot()". if you can make this work, then it would be great! thanks!
Attachments
reboot page.rar
(5.01 KiB) Downloaded 930 times
afire521

Re: Router Rebooter

Post by afire521 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:03 pm

Very great , I tested it for one day , pretty good~!!!

but one question, if we dont have a reboot web page ,what should we do?
theonlywaywifi

Re: Router Rebooter

Post by theonlywaywifi » Mon May 07, 2012 1:33 am

Hi Neo,

Would it be possible to add the option of automatically minimising to the systray on start.?
Also would you please be able to add the option of automatically restarting the pinging once the router has rebooted

It is a great little bit of software. I plan to use it to insure that our users always have internet. I could think of using it to check and reboot my Mikrotik Wap's maybe.

Here are a couple of INI files that I have used. The IP address in the config's may be different from the default of the router but I am sure that your users can correct it for their situation.

Remember to remove the .txt from the file to use it
DSE_XH9949.in.txt
Dse XH9949
(366 Bytes) Downloaded 767 times
TP-Link_TD-8840.in.txt
TP-Link_TD-8840 config
(371 Bytes) Downloaded 746 times
Looking forward to your reply with much interest.

Mark