Spam Filter Training software

Utilities and tools for networking, routers, setup etc
brixtonman
Regular
Regular

Post by brixtonman » Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:33 am

Further info:

It does seem like if FF didn't pop up this error dialog (my 2 above) the buttons would just appear normally anyway. There doesn't seem to be anything wrong happening except the dialog.

Another problem:

Right clicking on FF in the system tray and then not selecting one of the four menu options leaves the menu hanging and it won't disappear.

Is it possible that all these issues are the same one: timing and recognition somehow? (A guess of someone who doesn't know how to write programs though).
brixtonman
Regular
Regular

Post by brixtonman » Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:45 am

Info: I've got FF set to "start client on load" by the way.

Another problem: a double click on the system tray icon marks as spam and tries to restore the app, but fails and it minimises again. A double click should just simply restore the app.
brixtonman
Regular
Regular

Post by brixtonman » Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:07 am

Shrunk version doesn't pick up system colour scheme in main body. Looks really odd.

Right, enough testing now. :)
brixtonman
Regular
Regular

Post by brixtonman » Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:10 am

Last thing:

Neither expanded or shrunk version remember position. This is needed, especially in the shrunk version.

OK night. I think I've done enough beta testing now! Really.
brixtonman
Regular
Regular

Post by brixtonman » Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:50 am

Another problem today:

If FF is started before OE and left runnnig in the tray, it doesn't place buttons in OE when OE is launched seperately. If FF is started after OE is running or set to "start client on load" then it does insert the buttons.

Today changing the button text, even shortening it, caused the "bumping" problem again with a button falling off the other end of the toolbar and staying off.
Shotokan101
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by Shotokan101 » Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:20 am

brixtonman wrote:Oh yes, one more thing:

I like OE to launch maximisied to fill the screen. FF always launches OE in the sized setting. Not min, not max, the mid setting. I'd prefer it to open it in the max setting.

I should think that it should start at whatever size Outlook/OE was previously set to when last closed rather than allways "Max" - I suspect that most folks wouldn't want Outlook/OE to always open at fullscreen size :wink:
Last edited by Shotokan101 on Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jim

.....I'm Sorry But I Can't Do That Dave.....
Neo
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by Neo » Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:30 pm

Thanks for all the feedback - I will try to resolve as many of the issues I can for the next version.
brixtonman wrote:3) Having selected "close with client", FF is slow to close and lingers in the system tray (I have it set to appear only in the tray as I don't want to see it maximised unless I need to change the settings). It lingers so long that it can be launched again and multiple icons appear.
This is actually a bug in Windows - I might be able to find a workaround - moving the mouse of any stale icons should make them disappear.
brixtonman wrote:Another problem: a double click on the system tray icon marks as spam and tries to restore the app, but fails and it minimises again. A double click should just simply restore the app.
This may be similar to the timing issue (Windows allows you to configure the double-click speed in the Control panel) that I think Shotokan101 was seeing. However I will try and replicate this problem...
brixtonman wrote:Shrunk version doesn't pick up system colour scheme in main body. Looks really odd.
If you mean it changes it's background colour, it's supposed to! :) I thought it would aid visibility ;)
brixtonman wrote:Neither expanded or shrunk version remember position. This is needed, especially in the shrunk version.
Shrunken position should be remembered (the co-ordinates will be in the INI file) but I'll see if I can reproduce this behaviour...
brixtonman wrote:If FF is started before OE and left runnnig in the tray, it doesn't place buttons in OE when OE is launched seperately. If FF is started after OE is running or set to "start client on load" then it does insert the buttons.
Would like to see the log file with regard to this, please :)
Shotokan101 wrote:I should thin k that it should start at whatever size Outlook/OE was previously set to when last closed rather than allways "Max" - I suspect that most folks wouldn't want Outlook/OE to always open at fullscreen size
Yes, what I'll do is tell FFW to look at the email client window state when FFW closes. Then it will start the client with the same window state.
RouterTech Team and Founding Member
RouterTech Merchandise (UK)
No support via PM, please ask your questions on the forum!
brixtonman
Regular
Regular

Post by brixtonman » Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:37 pm

The double click thing and the icon lingering thing: Doesn't happen with any other program on my setup. (XP by the way).

The background colour you've chosen for visibility will look very odd some some colour schemes and FF doesn't pick up my colour scheme for all its parts, most noticeably the shrunk part - it does look wrong.

Everything I've said has been thoroughly tested and repeated on a really clean system.

When FF works reliably it will be great. Quite a few little things to adjust at the moment.

:)
brixtonman
Regular
Regular

Post by brixtonman » Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:40 pm

The worst thing is probably the error dialog. That really makes me want to uninstall it. And the way the button still sometimes "bump" others.
brixtonman
Regular
Regular

Post by brixtonman » Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:08 pm

This log shows how when FF is running and OE is started buttons are added the first time. But when OE is closed and opened a little later the buttons do not form and the log stops just the line about the buttons.

Log deleted.

After this point buttons should have been created and then Outlook was clsoed but FF did nothing further.
Last edited by brixtonman on Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
brixtonman
Regular
Regular

Post by brixtonman » Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:10 pm

Opening OE again jsut now added this:

:56 Start of client detected.
17/07/07 23:08:56 Checking Client Status
17/07/07 23:08:56 Outlook Express is running
17/07/07 23:08:56 Getting Outlook Express handles
17/07/07 23:08:56 Outlook Express found

But no buttons are log about them.

Hope that helps :)
brixtonman
Regular
Regular

Post by brixtonman » Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:19 pm

Here's some more, showing how FF inserts buttons the first time and if launched after OE. By the way, very tiny thing but "Identity" is spelled wrongly in the log. :)

Log deleted.
Last edited by brixtonman on Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Neo
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by Neo » Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:13 pm

Thanks for the additional info and logs :)
brixtonman wrote:The background colour you've chosen for visibility will look very odd some some colour schemes and FF doesn't pick up my colour scheme for all its parts, most noticeably the shrunk part - it does look wrong.
If it looks like this (see below) then it's right :)

What does it look like on your system? Can you post a screenshot if it looks different?
brixtonman wrote:By the way, very tiny thing but "Identity" is spelled wrongly in the log.
Well spotted :)
brixtonman
Regular
Regular

Post by brixtonman » Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:33 pm

It looks like this. The thing is that I hate the colour in the middle. That should pick up the system colour, it really should.
Neo
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by Neo » Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:56 pm

OK, thanks for the screenshot - I have made the colour customisable, so you can change it to whatever you want :)