Router Stats Logger

Utilities and tools for networking, routers, setup etc
the_flames
Regular
Regular

Post by the_flames » Fri May 23, 2008 4:41 pm

I've tried the compatibility mode and setting RxSNR to 0, but this hasnt resolved the issue, I've run the RLS script and find attached the output attached, I let the system grab the margin threshold for 20 mins, but it stuck on that even on that time scale
Attachments
rsl_out.rar
(2.93 KiB) Downloaded 630 times
Neo
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by Neo » Fri May 23, 2008 5:42 pm

Thanks for the info :)

I've just noticed a bug in the compatibility mode for fetching the threshold and have fixed it in the next version.

It will also avoid the "Limit bit allocation and RxSNR graph to first X values" error that flusk was seeing and it will skip the threshold when monitoring the SNR.

Please try this version: Download 1.0.24
RouterTech Team and Founding Member
RouterTech Merchandise (UK)
No support via PM, please ask your questions on the forum!
the_flames
Regular
Regular

Post by the_flames » Fri May 23, 2008 5:51 pm

that version works a treat :D
Neo
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by Neo » Sat May 24, 2008 1:03 am

Great :)
SubZero5
Novice
Novice

Post by SubZero5 » Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:04 pm

my modem has telnet port on 22. Everytime I set it to 22, it reverts back to 23 after restart...
Neo
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by Neo » Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:34 am

Sorry, but how is that connected to the Router Stats Logger? :? Perhaps you need a new thread? Shall I move your post to a new one?
SubZero5
Novice
Novice

Post by SubZero5 » Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:46 pm

it is the router stats logger application 's problem. I can not set it to port 23 and save.. it reverts back to port#23 on restart..
Neo
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by Neo » Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:28 pm

Ah, OK, now I follow you :) The telnet port isn't stored in the INI file so the versions before and including 1.0.24 won't remember it for anyone. I will make is stored in future versions of the RSL, starting with 1.0.25 (see the first post of this thread ;) )
Fozzie Bear
Novice
Novice

Router Stats Logger 1.0.25 compatible with D-Link G604T

Post by Fozzie Bear » Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:47 pm

Hi Neo,
I appreciate that this thread is old but was not sure if I should satrt a new thread or continue posting.
Please can you confirm that your application is compatible with a D-Link G604T running Firmware version V1.00B02T02.UK.20050815?

Also I know it seems daft question but to operate correctly, under the Setting Tab should I change the default router user name and password to my own routers web interface details or leave it at root? The reason I ask is that I cannot get any information from the router as it returns an error "Could not log in to router- Check User Name and Password".
I have tried the default and my own user name and password, as well as selecting compatibility mode but no sucesss. Also in the router do I need to port forward Port 23 for Telnet?
I have Server 2003 installed on the machine in question and had to install VB6 runtime and MSWINSCK.OCX.
regards Fozzie
Neo
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Re: Router Stats Logger 1.0.25 compatible with D-Link G604T

Post by Neo » Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:47 pm

Fozzie Bear wrote:Hi Neo,
I appreciate that this thread is old but was not sure if I should satrt a new thread or continue posting.
Hi Fozzie, this thread was started a while ago but as you can see, the last post was only a few days ago and it's still active :)
Fozzie Bear wrote:Please can you confirm that your application is compatible with a D-Link G604T running Firmware version V1.00B02T02.UK.20050815?
I can't guarantee it will work with that firmware - like most software I have developed here at RouterTech, it is developed with the RT firmwares in mind (where applicable). It uses telnet rather than the web interface (which differs more between firmware suppliers) so on the whole it should work. However there may be subtle differences which cause the RSL to encounter problems or errors. The only way to be certain is for someone like yourself to try it (obviously with the correct login details etc ;) ).
Fozzie Bear wrote:Also I know it seems daft question but to operate correctly, under the Setting Tab should I change the default router user name and password to my own routers web interface details or leave it at root?
You should enter the telnet username and password, which may be different from the username and password you log in to the web interface (usually the password is the same). See kb.php?mode=article&k=35
I suggest you try to telnet in to your router to confirm/discover the correct details (and to confirm that telnet access is possible).
Fozzie Bear wrote:Also in the router do I need to port forward Port 23 for Telnet?
You should not have to forward port 23 as the RSL will be trying to access the router's telnet server. Port forwarding really only applies if you want to create access through the router to some device connected to it.
Fozzie Bear
Novice
Novice

Re: Router Stats Logger 1.0.25 compatible with D-Link G604T

Post by Fozzie Bear » Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:27 pm

Thanks Neo. Have solved the log in issue. I got a clue from another post and left the username as root but changed the password to the one I changed the router to. However although the application is getting stats from the router I get the following error message

Error occuerd: 9
Description: Subscript out of range
Module: modbitTable
Function: AnalyseBits

I have RSL installed on Server 2003 SP2

Any ideas on this?
regards
Fozzie
PJ36
Novice
Novice

Post by PJ36 » Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:37 am

Hi,

Upgraded my router stats log from old version of 1.0.17 to recent version of 1.0.28 and have an Error 13.

I am trying to get distance from exchange and knows for the fact my exchange is Cardiff Empire SWCFATA and it is according to bird fly of around 850m (can't remember the link used to find the distance the bird flies). But do remember it did say actual distance in the old version as 1.29km but entering 1.29 then gives an error 13.

Using the button to determine distance via internet return to me as Could not find closest exchange!

Juts been switched to ADL-2Plus mode earlier and want to keep track of it's stableness before doing a flash upgrade as RUC reports an upgrade.

Thanks, PJ
Neo
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by Neo » Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:15 am

PJ36, it appears the SamKnows website layout has changed, so the RSL will need to be updated accordingly - the next version will work with the new formats.

Please can you provide a screenshot of the error and explain exactly all the steps you made before the error appears - typing in a value into the box in itself should not cause an error because the is only processed when you click on the "Calculate best results" button...
PJ36
Novice
Novice

Post by PJ36 » Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:12 pm

Hi,

This is what is in the errorlog.txt.

#2008-07-01 01:25:25#,"13","Type mismatch","Form1","FindBestFromRealDistance","Router Stats Logger v1.0.25","PJ","PJO-HOME"
#2008-07-01 01:25:38#,"13","Type mismatch","Form1","FindBestFromRealDistance","Router Stats Logger v1.0.25","PJ","PJO-HOME"
#2008-07-01 02:31:04#,"13","Type mismatch","Form1","FindBestFromRealDistance","Router Stats Logger v1.0.25","PJ","PJO-HOME"
#2008-07-01 02:52:00#,"13","Type mismatch","Form1","FindBestFromRealDistance","Router Stats Logger v1.0.25","PJ","PJO-HOME"
#2008-07-01 03:07:38#,"13","Type mismatch","Form1","FindBestFromRealDistance","Router Stats Logger v1.0.25","PJ","PJO-HOME"
#2008-07-01 03:10:08#,"13","Type mismatch","Form1","FindBestFromRealDistance","Router Stats Logger v1.0.25","PJ","PJO-HOME"

But now no longer produces the Error 13 and all the info is now there? I didn't do anything because When I clicked on Get distance via internet (UK only), it ask fro ym post code which is CF11 6PN and then gives this Could not find the closet exchange popup as seen in the attached image.

But the error 13 no longer occurs now, so unable to show you this screenshot! BUt instead it show this screenshot
Attachments
exchange.JPG
Screenshot to show weird info about what is the best sync and db is.
(73.57 KiB) Downloaded 575 times
closest.JPG
The error with regards to clicking on get distance via internet error, as it unable to find closest exchange, when it is Cardiff Empire SWCFATA
(71.89 KiB) Downloaded 570 times
Neo
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by Neo » Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:02 am

Thanks for the feedback :)
PJ36 wrote:#2008-07-01 01:25:25#,"13","Type mismatch","Form1","FindBestFromRealDistance","Router Stats Logger v1.0.25","PJ","PJO-HOME"
That indicates there might be some odd characters in the distance text box. The RSL works best if it can calculate the actual distance itself (which of course it can't do since the websites have been modified).
PJ36 wrote:But now no longer produces the Error 13 and all the info is now there? I didn't do anything because When I clicked on Get distance via internet (UK only), it ask fro ym post code which is CF11 6PN and then gives this Could not find the closet exchange popup as seen in the attached image.
OK, I think all of that is explained by the fact that the websites have changed...the next version of the RSL should be able to get the info from them.