Wireless not working in DSL-2640T Dlink Router

Utilities and tools for networking, routers, setup etc
khurram

Post by khurram » Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:40 pm

I am using DLink 2640T router, some days back its charger was not working and i replaced it. After that its wireless function is not working. I can connect the cable and use internet but its wireless function is not working. While running the RUC it says "Cannot confirm the model number of the wireless chip". Warning "Core logic (NSP) cannot be read" Can any one help me on it that what happend to it and whats the remedy for it. I have attached the Router Diagnostic report and RUC report along with the post. Thanks in advance.
Attachments
Router diagnostic.txt
(1.81 KiB) Downloaded 1008 times
check-20100903_013553_DSL-2640T.txt
(11.12 KiB) Downloaded 998 times
thechief
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Re: Wireless not working in DSL-2640T Dlink Router

Post by thechief » Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:36 pm

NVS_TFTP_LOAD 1
This is your problem. You need to set that variable to 0 - try this from a telnet session

Code: Select all

echo "NVS_TFTP_LOAD 0" > /proc/ticfg/env
/sbin/reboot
You may need to set "vlynq_polarity" as well - but try the above first, and see if it fixes the problem.
The Chief: :afro: Be sure to read the Firmware FAQ and do a Forum Search before posting!
No support via PM. Ask all questions on the open forum.
khurram

Post by khurram » Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:31 pm

I have changed the values and wireless is working fine now. Thanks alot for your feedback. So do i need to change the vlynq_polarity as well ? Still receiving three warnings.

Router Upgrade Check 1.4.0 04/09/2010 20:41:02
Router IP: 10.1.1.1
CLI is needed
Description: Dlink G604T
Board type: AR7VW
Product ID: AR7WRD
Bootloader: psbl
RAM 16.0 MB
Flash (ROM) 4.0 MB
ADAM2: No
No default env: No
Linux version: 2.4.17_mvl21-malta-mips_fp_le
Firmware build:
Firmware version: V3.02B01T01.AU-A.20080827
Firmware stamp: 20080802101810
CPU: MIPS 4KEc V4.8
DSP: 7.03.01.00
Annex: A
/proc/wlan: Yes
/usr/sbin/wlan: Yes
TIAP: Yes
TNETW: Yes
Wireless: Yes
WIFI chip: TNETW1350A
WIFI chip conf: Yes
Ports: 4
Ports (according to router): N/A
Marvell (or Marvell like): No
NSP: V3.02B01T01.AU-A.20080827
Manufacturers:
RNDIS: Telogy Networks Inc
HRNDIS: Telogy Networks Inc
Warning! Core Logic (NSP) could not be read. If the Core Logic version is too low you may need to upgrade to your router manufacturer's latest firmware first.
Warning Your router does not have a Marvell switch and so your switch may or may not be supported.
Realtek and IP175C switches are supported in the TNETW1350A firmware. Your Ethernet ports may or may not function correctly with a RouterTech firmware.
Warning: The vlynq_polarity variable is missing from your environment, which may prevent the wireless part of your router from working.Try creating the variable using 'setenv vlynq_polarity high'.

Select an AR7WRD PSPBOOT TNETW1350A 4 PORT firmware.
Latest: routertech-ar7wrd-1350A-pspboot-firmware-20100818.zip
Please read the instructions that come with the firmware files before you upgrade.
With your current MTD values, you have to upgrade your firmware using separate firmware image files.
You may be able to use a single image, provided you set mtd4 to 0x90020000,0x90400000
thechief
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by thechief » Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:58 pm

If everything is working correctly, then you have nothing to worry about.
The Chief: :afro: Be sure to read the Firmware FAQ and do a Forum Search before posting!
khurram

Post by khurram » Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:22 pm

Now i have started another problem :(.. ADSL light is not getting stable (Not connected to ISP) if my Wireless AP is in ON state. But if i uncheck the wilress AP options then ADSL light gets stable (Connected to ISP), After it is stable then i can again check the Wireless AP option and both DSL and Wireless works fine. What should i do that i don;t have to Uncheck the Wilress AP options and ADSL light also gets stable.
thechief
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by thechief » Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:05 pm

khurram

Post by khurram » Sun Sep 05, 2010 4:58 pm

Issue is resolved by updating the file. Thanks.
funky2010

Post by funky2010 » Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:25 pm

Hi, I have d same problem.......for some unknown reason my wifi has stopped working but d led of WLAN is working (when rebooting).......but when i try to enable it through web configuration it is not working........plz help........i have flashed my moden with new firmware of DSL-G604T but in vain....plz help.........Thankyou!
Attachments
Router diagnostic.txt
(1.81 KiB) Downloaded 687 times
check-20100903_013553_DSL-2640T.txt
(11.12 KiB) Downloaded 676 times
thechief
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by thechief » Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:28 pm

dgthanh

Post by dgthanh » Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:09 am

I am using DSL-2640T Dlink Router. It seems not stable. Sometime it stops working and comes back after a short time, about 15 minutes. sorry that I am not a expert in router field. I do hope that someone can help me. In addition, I have tried to solve the problem by using another Router with same model but the problem still remains.
thechief
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by thechief » Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:13 pm

You have given very little details about what exactly the problem is. For example, I have no idea what "It seems not stable. Sometime it stops working and comes back after a short time" means. What is the "it" that you are referring to? What does "stop working" mean? It would also help if you told us what firmware you are using, and if you posted the system log.
dgthanh

Post by dgthanh » Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:19 am

Sorry to say something unclear about the problem with my DSL-2640T. I am trying to explain more clear:
THE SITUATION
1. Sometime, not fixed for a specific time interval, the router stops working. I cannot access it by Wi-Fi as well as PC on LAN. So that I guess it it a router's problem, not an ISP's problem. The ADSL down ad upload parameters are normal. The ISP's staff check and said that it is good.
2. At that time, if I turn off and then turn on, the router runs again.
3. Using RUC, it give me a report as follows:
Router Upgrade Check 1.3.9 14/11/2010 10:51:32
Router IP: 192.168.1.1
CLI is needed
Description: DSl-2640T
Board type: AR7VW
Product ID: AR7WRD
Bootloader: psbl
RAM 16.0 MB
Flash (ROM) 4.0 MB
ADAM2: No
No default env: No
Linux version: 2.4.17_mvl21-malta-mips_fp_le
Firmware build:
Firmware version: V3.02B01T01.EU-A.20080725
Firmware stamp: 20080725102848
CPU: MIPS 4KEc V4.8
DSP: 7.03.01.00
Annex: A
/proc/wlan: Yes
/usr/sbin/wlan: Yes
TIAP: Yes
TNETW: Yes
Wireless: Yes
WIFI chip: TNETW1350A
WIFI chip conf: Yes
Ports: 4
Ports (according to router): N/A
Marvell (or Marvell like): No
NSP: V3.02B01T01.EU-A.20080725
Manufacturers: D-link Corporation
RNDIS: Telogy Networks Inc
HRNDIS: Telogy Networks Inc
Warning! Core Logic (NSP) could not be read. If the Core Logic version is too low you may need to upgrade to your router manufacturer's latest firmware first.
WARNING
Your router does not have a Marvell switch and so your switch may or may not be supported.
Realtek and IP175C switches are supported in the TNETW1350A firmware. Your Ethernet ports may or may not function correctly with a RouterTech firmware.
Warning: The vlynq_polarity variable is missing from your environment, which may prevent the wireless part of your router from working.Try creating the variable using 'setenv vlynq_polarity high'.
Select an AR7WRD PSPBOOT TNETW1350A 4 PORT firmware.
Latest: routertech-ar7wrd-1350A-pspboot-firmware-20100408.zip
Please read the instructions that come with the firmware files before you upgrade.
With your current MTD values, you have to upgrade your firmware using separate firmware image files.
You may be able to use a single image, provided you set mtd4 to 0x90020000,0x90400000
THE CURRENT CONFIGURATION:
1. I connected 4 devices via 4 ports already.
2. Firmware was upgraded to V3.02B01T01.EU-A.20080725 (downloaded from dlink.com)
3. Touching some chips and capacity on router's board, they are quite hot. Worrying about over heat, I have installed a CPU's fan following a instruction in the internet http://www.justin.my/2010/07/d-link-dsl ... oling-fan/, after that all board's items are cool, I can feel it by my fingers.
4.Worrying about low and non-stable voltage power, I has changed a new adaptor with same model.
5. Worrying about some bug in last updated firmware, I tried to down-grade the firmware to the factory setting by pushing hardware button, but the router still keeps the current firmware; I cannot change it to the factory firmware.
6. Following routech's instructions, I have tried to upgrade it by routech's firmware (I follow exactly routech's instruction: reset to factory setting-upgrade using routech's firmware-wait for at least 7 minutes) but nothing change.
In addition, for a long time ago, I used this router with only 2 LAN's devices connected and no problem. When the problem occurs, I had think about router error so that I borrowed another DSL-2640T from my friend with same configuration but the problem still remains.
This problem disturbs me so much, it is very highly appreciated if you can help me. Thank you in advance!
Last edited by dgthanh on Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mstombs
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by mstombs » Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:49 pm

Please note that D-Link DSL-2640T is not supported by RouterTech firmware, while it appears to work for some others claim it can damage the switch chip, see the numerous threads about this peculiar router on this site, hence the comment against the 1350 download. It is possible there are different versions of the 2640T, or DSL-G604T-GenII as it seems to be known in some markets - which would explain the different reports.
Wireless (psp bootloader) with the TNETW1350A wifi chip. Suitable for the "R" series Solwise SAR 600EW, Solwise SAR605EW, PTI 8505G, newer SWART2-54125 series, and other compatibles. NOT suitable for the DLink 2640T.
The RouterTech team do not have direct access to this device, and D-Link ignore their obligations under the GPL so any special code they use to tweak the Linux kernel etc is not known.
thechief
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by thechief » Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:12 pm

dgthanh wrote:5. Worrying about some bug in last updated firmware, I tried to down-grade the firmware to the factory setting by pushing hardware button, but the router still keeps the current firmware; I cannot change it to the factory firmware.
6. Following routech's instructions, I have tried to upgrade it by routech's firmware (I follow exactly routech's instruction: reset to factory setting-upgrade using routech's firmware-wait for at least 7 minutes) but nothing change.
In addition, for a long time ago, I used this router with only 2 LAN's devices connected and no problem. When the problem occurs, I had think about router error so that I borrowed another DSL-2640T
firmware-faq/#cant_upgrade
dgthanh wrote:from my friend with same configuration but the problem still remains.
The problem may be with the router's firmware, or it may be a hardware problem (unlikely if two different routers have exactly the same problem).
dgthanh wrote:This problem disturbs me so much, it is very highly appreciated if you can help me. Thank you in advance!
I would have said to change your firmware - but as mstombs has said above, the 2640T is not supported by our firmware. Some people manage to get it working on their router, but others experience serious problems. So my advice is that you should get a serial console cable, so that you can see at the serial console exactly what happens when the problem occurs (e.g., a kernel crash and segfault, or the core logic has died, or whatever).