No e-mail notifications

All errors or issues on the website/forums should be reported here and will be investigated. Support questions about how to use/access features not documented in the forum FAQ and discussion about the site forums are also welcome here, but please read this thread before posting such items.
CropRotation
Regular
Regular

Post by CropRotation » Wed Apr 19, 2006 5:16 pm

I am not recieving any email notifications from this forum. :evil:
CropRotation
Regular
Regular

Post by CropRotation » Wed Apr 19, 2006 5:19 pm

I am not getting any email notification from this forum. Is this not a feature of this forum, if so can someone add it here.
Kieran
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by Kieran » Wed Apr 19, 2006 5:21 pm

Moved to Forum Things.

Have you subscribed to forums? You only get notifications of new threads if you subscribe to a forum.

Notifications for threads are only sent if you have posted or subscribed to a particular thread. Then, you will get one e-mail with the post's contents when a reply is made. Subsiquent replies will not be sent until you visit the forum again.

If you are not even seeing this behaviour, then please post back. If you are, then its normal. Some forums send out new mail on ever post, we don't, so that is maybe what you are seeing.
Kieran
"Indeed!"
Invaluable links: Forum Rules | Networking Guides | FAQ | Site Search | Forum Search <-- Use it or feel my wrath!
No support via PM, please ask your questions in the forum!
Neo
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by Neo » Wed Apr 19, 2006 5:25 pm

safecomtek wrote:I am not getting any email notification from this forum. Is this not a feature of this forum, if so can someone add it here.
Email notification is one of the many features available here! :)

To enable it you need to select the 'Yes' option under "Always notify me of replies" in your profile. If that is selected you should receive an email when a new post appears on any of the topics/forums you are watching. The only difference to some other forums is that you don't receive further notices until you revisit the forum - the main reason for this is that phpbb forums aim to reduce load on the email servers.

PS: I have moved a few posts just to make it easier to follow this thread ;)
RouterTech Team and Founding Member
RouterTech Merchandise (UK)
No support via PM, please ask your questions on the forum!
MYKhan
Novice
Novice

Post by MYKhan » Wed Apr 19, 2006 5:31 pm

I am not getting any email notification from this forum. Is this not a feature of this forum, if so can someone add it here.
If you click yes On:

Always notify me of replies:
Sends an e-mail when someone replies to a topic you have posted in. This can be changed whenever you post.

You will receive replies from the forum.....
Life is a quest and love a quarrel ...
MYKhan
Novice
Novice

Post by MYKhan » Wed Apr 19, 2006 5:34 pm

Neo wrote: PS: I have moved a few posts just to make it easier to follow this thread ;)
But that has made me feel embarassed :oops: as i posted to answer on the one having one reply from tek only and my reply came back to this thread... :(
Life is a quest and love a quarrel ...
Neo
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by Neo » Wed Apr 19, 2006 5:36 pm

Thank you for contribution none the less, MYKhan - great minds think alike :)

No need to feel embarrassed ;)
RouterTech Team and Founding Member
RouterTech Merchandise (UK)
No support via PM, please ask your questions on the forum!
CropRotation
Regular
Regular

Post by CropRotation » Wed Apr 19, 2006 5:45 pm

Neo wrote:Thank you for contribution none the less, MYKhan - great minds think alike :)

No need to feel embarrassed ;)
Wow myKhan we have great minds :P . Thanks for the complements Neo.
Kieran
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by Kieran » Thu Apr 20, 2006 5:55 pm

As there have been no more reports of failed notifications and the web team have been unable to re-create such a problem, I am closing this thread.
Kieran
"Indeed!"
Invaluable links: Forum Rules | Networking Guides | FAQ | Site Search | Forum Search <-- Use it or feel my wrath!
No support via PM, please ask your questions in the forum!