No signature on posts before signature set

All errors or issues on the website/forums should be reported here and will be investigated. Support questions about how to use/access features not documented in the forum FAQ and discussion about the site forums are also welcome here, but please read this thread before posting such items.
CropRotation
Regular
Regular

Post by CropRotation » Thu Apr 20, 2006 11:49 am

I have changed my signature and have noticed it is not updated to all my previous post. :evil: . It is coming with the newer ones though
Kieran
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by Kieran » Thu Apr 20, 2006 12:08 pm

safecomtek wrote:I have changed my signature and have noticed it is not updated to all my previous post. :evil: . It is coming with the newer ones though
This is normal. When you post with no signature set in your profile, the "box" you can tick on posting (either manually each time or automatically by profile setting) is forced to be not ticked, as if it wasn't then it would add a non-existant signature. This means when you do add one, all posts you have made up to that point effectively now have signatures turned off.

If you wanted to enable them on those posts, you would have to edit each post, changing just the check box saying you want a signature on the post. Probably not worth it really ;)
Kieran
"Indeed!"
Invaluable links: Forum Rules | Networking Guides | FAQ | Site Search | Forum Search <-- Use it or feel my wrath!
No support via PM, please ask your questions in the forum!
MYKhan
Novice
Novice

Post by MYKhan » Thu Apr 20, 2006 3:37 pm

Kieran wrote: If you wanted to enable them on those posts, you would have to edit each post, changing just the check box saying you want a signature on the post. Probably not worth it really ;)
Indeed :wink:
Life is a quest and love a quarrel ...
biro
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by biro » Thu Apr 20, 2006 4:02 pm

Kieran wrote:
This is normal. When you post with no signature set in your profile, the "box" you can tick on posting (either manually each time or automatically by profile setting) is forced to be not ticked, as if it wasn't then it would add a non-existant signature. This means when you do add one, all posts you have made up to that point effectively now have signatures turned off.
Is the same on ADSLTech :!:
My early posts on ADSLTech before setting up a sig don't have a sig even after creating one !
CropRotation
Regular
Regular

Post by CropRotation » Thu Apr 20, 2006 4:10 pm

I think thats what is here also though not a very popular thing as far as I am concerned. All the post should be updated with the signature.
Kieran
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by Kieran » Thu Apr 20, 2006 4:43 pm

As stated above it is like it is because of issues in making old posts "realise" as sig has been added when none was there when it is first created. Doing it like it is saves database strain and server overload - can you imagine what it would be like it you had to run an SQL query on 3000 posts if a non-signature'd user suddenly enabled one? As the famous development saying goes, its a feature, not a bug.

I'm locking this topic as it is an issue that has no fix for the reasons above.
Kieran
"Indeed!"
Invaluable links: Forum Rules | Networking Guides | FAQ | Site Search | Forum Search <-- Use it or feel my wrath!
No support via PM, please ask your questions in the forum!