Forum Discussion

All errors or issues on the website/forums should be reported here and will be investigated. Support questions about how to use/access features not documented in the forum FAQ and discussion about the site forums are also welcome here, but please read this thread before posting such items.
Kieran
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by Kieran » Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:59 pm

No I'm not; we were discussing our site, and as we control what code goes into the site we can indeed ensure it is standards compliant and can be rendered in all standards compliant browsers. I'm really not sure I see your point here.....
Kieran
"Indeed!"
Invaluable links: Forum Rules | Networking Guides | FAQ | Site Search | Forum Search <-- Use it or feel my wrath!
No support via PM, please ask your questions in the forum!
studioeng
Experienced
Experienced

Post by studioeng » Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:19 pm

Ok, you don't need to get all high and mighty on me; I know that you control what you put on your site and I'm not crittising it in anyway; the point I was jokingly trying to make, was that Micro$oft will never write things into their programs which the rest of us regard as 'standards'. They have their own 'standards'; which would make what's good for one, not good for another. I'm sorry, no disrespect was intended.
Kieran
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by Kieran » Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:29 pm

studioeng wrote:Ok, you don't need to get all high and mighty on me
Sorry if it seemed that way but it wasn't my intention
studioeng wrote:I know that you control what you put on your site and I'm not crittising it in anyway
I wasn't saying you were criticising the site, nor that you don't have a right to - you do, merely that MS standards don't apply here and therefore the fact they don't keep to standards is a moot point in the context of a marquee for the announcements. I wasn't for one minute implying that suggestions from users about the RouterTech site wouldn't be listened to or actioned or that we are protective over input on the site - we're not, just that in this case the non-conforming of the <marquee> element with the W3C standards means it can't be considered.
studioeng wrote:the point I was jokingly trying to make, was that Micro$oft will never write things into their programs which the rest of us regard as 'standards'. They have their own 'standards'; which would make what's good for one, not good for another. I'm sorry, no disrespect was intended.
That is indeed true. No disrespect felt, I hope I haven't offended you either.
Kieran
"Indeed!"
Invaluable links: Forum Rules | Networking Guides | FAQ | Site Search | Forum Search <-- Use it or feel my wrath!
No support via PM, please ask your questions in the forum!
the_flames
Regular
Regular

Post by the_flames » Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:31 am

you could make it scroll text and keep it compliment .... by using a animated Gif File ...or even worse flash or java ...

but then you would increase the load times of the page's and annoy text based page viewers ...

( I have a firefox profile to load no images/flash/java for when I've broken my routers and using dialup :P )