Inserting smilies

All errors or issues on the website/forums should be reported here and will be investigated. Support questions about how to use/access features not documented in the forum FAQ and discussion about the site forums are also welcome here, but please read this thread before posting such items.
Steve
Ex RouterTech Team
Ex RouterTech Team

Inserting smilies

Post by Steve » Mon May 01, 2006 2:39 pm

When inserting smilies to a message before posting it, they are added to the end of the text, rather than where I position the cursor.

Fine if you enter them as you type, but if you go back and add them when checking what you have written, to emphasise, or soften a comment you feel may be misinterpreted, it's a pain to have to cut and paste them to where you want them.

This is in FF in case that matters.
He ached all over. It wasn't just that his brain was writing cheques that his body couldn't cash. It had gone beyond that. Now his feet were borrowing money that his legs hadn't got, and his back muscles were looking for loose change under the sofa cushions.
- Terry Pratchett

www.bliss.org.uk
Neo
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by Neo » Mon May 01, 2006 3:00 pm

That happens with all bbcode tags AFAIK (quotes, code, list etc).
RouterTech Team and Founding Member
RouterTech Merchandise (UK)
No support via PM, please ask your questions on the forum!
Kieran
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by Kieran » Mon May 01, 2006 3:07 pm

Yes, this is a bit of a problem. When it comes to things like style tags, you can highlight the text around which you want to place the tags and they get placed there. Sadly when it comes to smilies, they do not get placed where the cursor is at present. Because this is nasty javascripting anyway (that places things wherever) I hold out little hope of being able to fix it, at least not without breaking something else in the process.
Kieran
"Indeed!"
Invaluable links: Forum Rules | Networking Guides | FAQ | Site Search | Forum Search <-- Use it or feel my wrath!
No support via PM, please ask your questions in the forum!
Steve
Ex RouterTech Team
Ex RouterTech Team

Post by Steve » Mon May 01, 2006 10:07 pm

OK, it's no biggy, glad it's not just me then. I'll just work round it.
He ached all over. It wasn't just that his brain was writing cheques that his body couldn't cash. It had gone beyond that. Now his feet were borrowing money that his legs hadn't got, and his back muscles were looking for loose change under the sofa cushions.
- Terry Pratchett

www.bliss.org.uk
Kieran
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by Kieran » Mon May 01, 2006 10:13 pm

Ok :)

In that case, no issue to deal with, thread closed.
Kieran
"Indeed!"
Invaluable links: Forum Rules | Networking Guides | FAQ | Site Search | Forum Search <-- Use it or feel my wrath!
No support via PM, please ask your questions in the forum!