Error message needs correcting.

All errors or issues on the website/forums should be reported here and will be investigated. Support questions about how to use/access features not documented in the forum FAQ and discussion about the site forums are also welcome here, but please read this thread before posting such items.
Steve
Ex RouterTech Team
Ex RouterTech Team

Error message needs correcting.

Post by Steve » Thu May 04, 2006 7:53 pm

Forgot to mention yesterday. I tried to post a reply and got a "you must be logged in to post type message, even though I was logged in?

Seemed to clear itself, so no big deal, but I did notice the wording of the warning message, seemed to have a few word missing. you'll see what I mean when you see it.
He ached all over. It wasn't just that his brain was writing cheques that his body couldn't cash. It had gone beyond that. Now his feet were borrowing money that his legs hadn't got, and his back muscles were looking for loose change under the sofa cushions.
- Terry Pratchett

www.bliss.org.uk
Kieran
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by Kieran » Thu May 04, 2006 11:53 pm

I will investigate this.
Kieran
"Indeed!"
Invaluable links: Forum Rules | Networking Guides | FAQ | Site Search | Forum Search <-- Use it or feel my wrath!
No support via PM, please ask your questions in the forum!
Shotokan101
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by Shotokan101 » Fri May 05, 2006 12:13 am

Not sure but I think I saw something similar yesterday but I think it was in the PM post reply - it just gave the sort of message Steve asaid but I didn't notice any problems with the words used..... :?

I had to quit out and go back in to the PM section and then it was o.k.
Jim

.....I'm Sorry But I Can't Do That Dave.....
Neo
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by Neo » Fri May 05, 2006 12:16 am

While it could be totally unrelated, there is of course a small chance that the error appeared as I was making changes to the 'Recent Topics' page etc. In which case, it shouldn't reappear again...
RouterTech Team and Founding Member
RouterTech Merchandise (UK)
No support via PM, please ask your questions on the forum!
Steve
Ex RouterTech Team
Ex RouterTech Team

Post by Steve » Fri May 05, 2006 11:13 am

It's not the fact the error was shown, but the wording of it didn't make sense. Like it had been amended but a word missed out.
He ached all over. It wasn't just that his brain was writing cheques that his body couldn't cash. It had gone beyond that. Now his feet were borrowing money that his legs hadn't got, and his back muscles were looking for loose change under the sofa cushions.
- Terry Pratchett

www.bliss.org.uk
Shotokan101
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by Shotokan101 » Fri May 05, 2006 11:34 am

Steve wrote:It's not the fact the error was shown, but the wording of it didn't make sense. Like it had been amended but a word missed out.
I'm more concerned (though not a lot unless it keeps happening) about the problem postin - I mean after all it's not as if anyone actually reads the error messages...... :roll:
Jim

Kieran
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by Kieran » Fri May 05, 2006 5:13 pm

The error will be shown if your login times out while you are writing a post. A period of inactivity (a long post) can cause this. You can elimintate it by requesting that you are "always logged in" and then loggin out when you have finished your session should you wish.

As for the wording, can you quote at least a portion of it word for word? This will allow me to find it in the lang files and make the appropriate alteration.
Kieran
"Indeed!"
Invaluable links: Forum Rules | Networking Guides | FAQ | Site Search | Forum Search <-- Use it or feel my wrath!
Steve
Ex RouterTech Team
Ex RouterTech Team

Post by Steve » Fri May 05, 2006 10:16 pm

Sorry, can't remember the exact wording, but it was along the lines of only a member can post, that or being logged in.

Pretty poor, sorry. Will let you know if I see it again.
- Terry Pratchett

www.bliss.org.uk
Kieran
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by Kieran » Fri May 19, 2006 12:35 am

Has anyone noticed any more of these errors with incorrect text?
Kieran
"Indeed!"
thechief
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by thechief » Fri May 19, 2006 6:41 am

I haven't ...
The Chief: :afro: Be sure to read the Firmware FAQ and do a Forum Search before posting!
No support via PM. Ask all questions on the open forum.
Shotokan101
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by Shotokan101 » Fri May 19, 2006 7:36 am

Me neither
Jim

Steve
Ex RouterTech Team
Ex RouterTech Team

Post by Steve » Fri May 19, 2006 9:39 pm

not seen it since..or any other error message. Thing with errors is you don't ACTUALLY read them specifically, just take them in as an error.

maybe that's just me :oops: ,anyway, close this is you want to keep things tidy. If it occurs again I'll promise to read and report it properly. :oops: :oops:
- Terry Pratchett

www.bliss.org.uk
Kieran
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by Kieran » Fri May 19, 2006 10:28 pm

Okey dokey. Locked.
Kieran
"Indeed!"