Unable to Learn about BBCode

All errors or issues on the website/forums should be reported here and will be investigated. Support questions about how to use/access features not documented in the forum FAQ and discussion about the site forums are also welcome here, but please read this thread before posting such items.
Dorcots
Novice
Novice

Unable to Learn about BBCode

Post by Dorcots » Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:06 am

I needed to understand BBCode and was unable to find a guide (on RouterTech). I resolved it by Googling "site:routertech.org bbcode".

So it looks like the guide article is orphaned.

Can someone who has the editing rights put a link in on the BBCode part of the FAQ page?
Shotokan101
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by Shotokan101 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:22 am

Thanks for that - you can of course still find out about BBCODE from clicking the BBcode link on any post message page as well :)

Jim
Jim

.....I'm Sorry But I Can't Do That Dave.....
Dorcots
Novice
Novice

Post by Dorcots » Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:37 am

Oops, I missed that link on the post page.

Looking further, BBCode is missing from the Site Map as is “Submit an Article” (which only seems to be accessible from links within threads).

Also the Knowledge Base seems rather hidden, again only accessible from links within threads. I am sure that if it had a higher profile, alongside Networking, it would get the hits it deserves.

Edit Four Hours Later: Oops 'Knowledge Base' is under the FAQ tab on the home page. Perhaps the FAQ tab should be renamed. That would also remove any confusion with the page of FAQ on posting (faq.php). And there is also the page faq/ - not sure how that fits in.
Kieran
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by Kieran » Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:12 pm

Yes I admit things could do with a little re-organisation. Changes are in the pipeline so to speak and I will take your points into consideration.
Kieran
"Indeed!"
Invaluable links: Forum Rules | Networking Guides | FAQ | Site Search | Forum Search <-- Use it or feel my wrath!
No support via PM, please ask your questions in the forum!