password change request

All errors or issues on the website/forums should be reported here and will be investigated. Support questions about how to use/access features not documented in the forum FAQ and discussion about the site forums are also welcome here, but please read this thread before posting such items.
tasso85
Experienced
Experienced

password change request

Post by tasso85 » Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:27 pm

I'm opening this thread to ask you if it is normal that the forum asks me to change my password periodically, with no option to avoid doing this. :?
Kieran
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Re: password change request

Post by Kieran » Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:11 pm

Yes, this is normal (every 30 days) however it was annoying so I've disabled this behaviour from now on.

For those that have yet to log in since using the old site you'll still be prompted to change it (the new password structure is more secure than the old).
Kieran
"Indeed!"
Invaluable links: Forum Rules | Networking Guides | FAQ | Site Search | Forum Search <-- Use it or feel my wrath!
No support via PM, please ask your questions in the forum!
tasso85
Experienced
Experienced

Post by tasso85 » Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:27 pm

Well, today it has been the second time I've been asked to change my password, so I guess it happened before you disabled this function, right?
Kieran
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by Kieran » Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:34 pm

Yes, as in, I just disabled it before I posted my reply to your post. You shouldn't be asked again.
Kieran
"Indeed!"
Invaluable links: Forum Rules | Networking Guides | FAQ | Site Search | Forum Search <-- Use it or feel my wrath!
No support via PM, please ask your questions in the forum!