PM stuck in Outbox ?

All errors or issues on the website/forums should be reported here and will be investigated. Support questions about how to use/access features not documented in the forum FAQ and discussion about the site forums are also welcome here, but please read this thread before posting such items.
samyfam
Novice
Novice

PM stuck in Outbox ?

Post by samyfam » Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:15 pm

Hi,

I only joined last week so apologies in advance if I am committing any sins or asking dumb questions :oops: - I have spent some time reading FAQs, etc, but cant seem to find anything about the following:

I have tried to send a PM to Neo (re a RUC abort report), and I'm not sure if it has been sent or not.

The Outbox link shows (1) next to it, and when I look in the Outbox the PM is in there and shows a Sent date and time that correlates with when I tried to send it. However, if you look in the Sent box, it is empty.

Am I wrong in assuming that this forum's PM system works similarly to apps like Outlook Express as regards the use of parenthesis, and Sent messages ending up in the Sent folder when they have been sent ?

Or is there a delay between when a user signs up to the Forum and when they are allowed to send PMs ?

Thanks,

Samyfam
thechief
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Re: PM stuck in Outbox ?

Post by thechief » Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:19 pm

It means that Neo hasn't "collected" the PM.
The Chief: :afro: Be sure to read the Firmware FAQ and do a Forum Search before posting!
No support via PM. Ask all questions on the open forum.
samyfam
Novice
Novice

Post by samyfam » Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:27 pm

The Chief,

Thanks for the prompt reply to my question.

Now I know my PM isn't stuck in limbo, I'll wait patiently for Neo's response 8) .

Samyfam.
Steve
Ex RouterTech Team
Ex RouterTech Team

Post by Steve » Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:33 pm

might be better to ask in the forum in case anyone else can help? (or benefit from the resulting advice.)
He ached all over. It wasn't just that his brain was writing cheques that his body couldn't cash. It had gone beyond that. Now his feet were borrowing money that his legs hadn't got, and his back muscles were looking for loose change under the sofa cushions.
- Terry Pratchett

www.bliss.org.uk
samyfam
Novice
Novice

Post by samyfam » Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:41 pm

Hi Steve,

Which forum would you recommend I post it in ? Shouldn't I give Neo a while to reply as per his guidance in the RUC pages ?

As I said, I've run the RUC utility and it sticks at 80% complete. As per the RUC guidance, I've done everything suggested to get the RUC to complete, but no joy only an abort report.

Thanks.
Steve
Ex RouterTech Team
Ex RouterTech Team

Post by Steve » Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:18 am

Probably post it in the software forum...but routers, general etc would be fine. It will be found and answered and anyone searching in future will find it.
He ached all over. It wasn't just that his brain was writing cheques that his body couldn't cash. It had gone beyond that. Now his feet were borrowing money that his legs hadn't got, and his back muscles were looking for loose change under the sofa cushions.
- Terry Pratchett

www.bliss.org.uk