Registration Confirmation code

All errors or issues on the website/forums should be reported here and will be investigated. Support questions about how to use/access features not documented in the forum FAQ and discussion about the site forums are also welcome here, but please read this thread before posting such items.
kl1k

Registration Confirmation code

Post by kl1k » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:17 pm

I've just registered and not sure if its just me, but the confirmation code is impossible to read. Took me about 20 attempts to get it right :(
thechief
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Re: Registration Confirmation code

Post by thechief » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:28 pm

Sorry about that!
The Chief: :afro: Be sure to read the Firmware FAQ and do a Forum Search before posting!
No support via PM. Ask all questions on the open forum.
Kieran
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Re: Registration Confirmation code

Post by Kieran » Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:34 am

kl1k wrote:Took me about 20 attempts to get it right
Chief's comments echoed, apologies you had trouble here.

Sadly we are up against the doom of automated spam bots. Due to their destructive nature we have erred on the side of making the code harder to read, accepting that sometimes users may have to e-mail to ask for help, in order to block them 100%.

The result is that we have had no automated spam postings and our moderators have not been swamped as they have only had to deal with manual spammers which are easy to neutralise. I'm always happy to setup accounts for users who are having trouble (I'm the one that collects all the "admin" e-mails) - the link to the address is on the registration page.
Kieran
"Indeed!"
Invaluable links: Forum Rules | Networking Guides | FAQ | Site Search | Forum Search <-- Use it or feel my wrath!
No support via PM, please ask your questions in the forum!