Suggestions box

All errors or issues on the website/forums should be reported here and will be investigated. Support questions about how to use/access features not documented in the forum FAQ and discussion about the site forums are also welcome here, but please read this thread before posting such items.
Alan
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by Alan » Sun May 28, 2006 10:53 am

Hi

Try using the 'View posts since last visit' you get the option of which page to look at then :wink:
I Wanna Live 'till I Die!
Techsolver
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Techsolver » Sun May 28, 2006 11:42 pm

Thanks that works, however would be nice if Active Topics did the same as I prefer it.
Kieran
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by Kieran » Sun May 28, 2006 11:53 pm

This has been noted by the web team and we will have a look at it soon; it should be quite a simple matter for us to implement a link to the first post and a list of pages :)
Kieran
"Indeed!"
Invaluable links: Forum Rules | Networking Guides | FAQ | Site Search | Forum Search <-- Use it or feel my wrath!
No support via PM, please ask your questions in the forum!
Neo
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by Neo » Mon May 29, 2006 12:02 am

I have moved the most recent posts into the 'suggestions box' thread :)
RouterTech Team and Founding Member
RouterTech Merchandise (UK)
No support via PM, please ask your questions on the forum!
Neo
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Re: Suggestion

Post by Neo » Mon May 29, 2006 11:34 am

Techsolver wrote:The active topics doesn't have page numbers and always takes you to the last post, if a topic is very active you then have to scroll back a number of pages, then up the screen to find a meaningful post (eg to get the jist of the topic).
I have added the pages to the 'active topics' so you should be able to catch up more easily now :)
DDY
Regular
Regular

Post by DDY » Sat Sep 09, 2006 2:34 am

I have a great suggestion.

You guys can do reviews on routers and other network hardware and post them on the routertech site.

It will certainly get more visitors and will add to the value of the site.
thechief
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by thechief » Sat Sep 09, 2006 7:52 am

That is a good idea. As you can see there have been reviews of two routers (SART2-4115 and Solwise SAR 600EW). We should be looking to review more things ...
The Chief: :afro: Be sure to read the Firmware FAQ and do a Forum Search before posting!
No support via PM. Ask all questions on the open forum.
Kieran
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by Kieran » Sat Sep 09, 2006 7:52 am

Far from being a suggestion this is actually something we already have the user-power to do but of course to review routers we need the routers themselves. If you have any suggestions as to how we coule get the word out about the essence of this page to companies and retailers a bit more, then that would be a helpful thing indeed :)
Kieran
"Indeed!"
Invaluable links: Forum Rules | Networking Guides | FAQ | Site Search | Forum Search <-- Use it or feel my wrath!
Neo
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by Neo » Sat Sep 09, 2006 11:34 am

Yes, it's a good idea which we thought of pretty early on ;)

We have already started, with a few reviews of routers etc but it would be nice to get more kit to review etc.

There are several review sites out there like hexus and 3D Game Man (to mention but a few), but I think we can have a unique angle on our reviews :)
wakou
Novice
Novice

Adding tips

Post by wakou » Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:49 pm

Hi, maybe I'm being a thickie here but I can't find how to suggest things for addition to the KB/FAQs.
F'rinstance, I have a router which calls itself a "HiPoint eu". there is hardly any info on the web about it, only this:

http://www.3adlonline.com/new/product.a ... AWR-2440-B

I am pretty sure that this is compatible with the hardware for which you have custom firmware, your site would have been handy a few months ago if I had found it!
Also, on your speed test page I can highly recommend this:

http://www.speedtest.bbmax.co.uk

For it's convenience and ease of use and nice sexy interface :clap:
Kieran
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by Kieran » Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:23 pm

We may be able to help you with your router still and provide more concrete advice on upgrading its firmware. If you want this feel free to post your query in the Firmware forum.

I don't have/use flash so I cant test your speed test website but I'm sure its good. One of the other members of the team will test it I'm sure and add it to the FAQ article if its good.

With respect to contributing FAQ articles, all members can do this, but not edit existing ones. While I can see how this is a little bit of an inconvenience its the easiest way to manage ownership of articles and permissions to write them.

If you wish to contribute an article you can do so by clicking the link and if its good we will validate it and make it appear live on the site.

Many thanks for your comments on the RouterTech website :)

PS: I have moved this topic to the forum suggestion box thread as per the rules on the forum things section.
Kieran
"Indeed!"