Suggestions box

All errors or issues on the website/forums should be reported here and will be investigated. Support questions about how to use/access features not documented in the forum FAQ and discussion about the site forums are also welcome here, but please read this thread before posting such items.
Kieran
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by Kieran » Sat Apr 29, 2006 2:34 pm

Actually, it was Neo who suggested it, but it came up in the forum development area rather than a public forum
Last edited by Kieran on Sat Apr 29, 2006 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kieran
"Indeed!"
Invaluable links: Forum Rules | Networking Guides | FAQ | Site Search | Forum Search <-- Use it or feel my wrath!
No support via PM, please ask your questions in the forum!
Shotokan101
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by Shotokan101 » Sat Apr 29, 2006 2:40 pm

Kieran wrote:Actually, it was Neo who suggested it, but it came up in the forum development area rather than a public forum
Was that searching in topic titles then :lol:
Jim

.....I'm Sorry But I Can't Do That Dave.....
Kieran
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by Kieran » Sat Apr 29, 2006 2:45 pm

No, message text only. Now back on topic please....
Kieran
"Indeed!"
Invaluable links: Forum Rules | Networking Guides | FAQ | Site Search | Forum Search <-- Use it or feel my wrath!
thechief
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by thechief » Sun Apr 30, 2006 8:30 pm

Is there a way, when looking at posts since last visit, to choose how far back you want to go? (e.g., last 1 hour, 10 hours, 24 hours, etc.). If not, it would be a good idea to be able to do so.
The Chief: :afro: Be sure to read the Firmware FAQ and do a Forum Search before posting!
No support via PM. Ask all questions on the open forum.
Kieran
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by Kieran » Sun Apr 30, 2006 8:39 pm

thechief wrote:Is there a way, when looking at posts since last visit, to choose how far back you want to go? (e.g., last 1 hour, 10 hours, 24 hours, etc.). If not, it would be a good idea to be able to do so.
Requested in this very thread a page or so ago:-
viewtopic.php?p=3066#3066

I think this will be implemented as soon as possible because it is very sought after and a lot of people are used to having it.
Kieran
"Indeed!"
Neo
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by Neo » Sun Apr 30, 2006 10:03 pm

It's on my todo list for the 'Recent Topics' page - I've been working on it today and I might have something workable tomorrow...
RouterTech Team and Founding Member
RouterTech Merchandise (UK)
No support via PM, please ask your questions on the forum!
Shotokan101
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by Shotokan101 » Tue May 02, 2006 3:50 pm

Hi - on the " Recent Topics" page would it be possible to include a tick-box/radio-button allowing the user to subscribe/unsubscribe if desired ? (already ticked if subscribed of course)
Jim

Neo
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by Neo » Tue May 02, 2006 3:51 pm

Isn't that (in essence) replicating what's on here: watched_topics.php ?
Shotokan101
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by Shotokan101 » Tue May 02, 2006 4:00 pm

Neo wrote:Isn't that (in essence) replicating what's on here: watched_topics.php ?
Not Really IMO - the difference is that - as you know Mods/?Admins don't automatically get subscribed to new topics - also as you know - I sometimes don't pick up on new topics for a "we while" so the process I have adopted is to use the "REcent Posts" list to spot new topics and then select them in turn and then subscribe to them.

This suggestion makes it a "one stop shop" for me - surely I can't be alone in this ? :oops:

Just thought it might make things easier for some...... :?
Jim

Neo
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by Neo » Tue May 02, 2006 4:05 pm

OK, no problem, I'll add it to my todo list then (since ol' Kieran has enough as it is). I reckon having a subscribe button on the topics should be easy.

...But I'm not sure if you can't just watch the 'forums' for new topics: watched_forums.php and then subscribe to the ones you want - that's what I do :itsallgood:
Shotokan101
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by Shotokan101 » Tue May 02, 2006 4:10 pm

I'm already watching the current forums - but stuff still slips past - guess I'm just not remembering that the link that got me to a "new topic" was a new topic notification which meansthat I need to remember to subscribe before I "leave" if I don't post in the discussion that is going on..... :?

Can't cause too much harm to have an "alternative" but it's obviously not a high priority ..... ?
Jim

CropRotation
Regular
Regular

Post by CropRotation » Tue May 02, 2006 4:11 pm

I totally agree with shotokon as it indeed would make it much easier for user to subcribe/unsucbscribe.
Kieran
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by Kieran » Tue May 02, 2006 4:59 pm

Shotokan101 wrote:Hi - on the " Recent Topics" page would it be possible to include a tick-box/radio-button allowing the user to subscribe/unsubscribe if desired ? (already ticked if subscribed of course)
I don't think this mod is needed at all; whats wrong with just clicking the link in recent topics (which takes you to the bottom of the new thread) and then clicking the subscribe to topic link which is at the tail of every thread. I know its two clicks instead of just one, but you wouldn't subscribe to something just because of its title would you?
Kieran
"Indeed!"
Shotokan101
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by Shotokan101 » Tue May 02, 2006 5:24 pm

I do tend to subscribe to everything - as you never know how it will develop or if a post need moderating........ :?
Jim

Kieran
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by Kieran » Tue May 02, 2006 5:53 pm

Shotokan101 wrote:I do tend to subscribe to everything - as you never know how it will develop or if a post need moderating........ :?
Ok, I will have a look into something for mods and admins concerned with being able to subscribe to everything by default and being able to turn it off from profiles if you are an admin/mod. It will take me about 4 weeks before I can get to this though.

I think this would be much more preferable to adding tick boxes to recent topics, so if you could cope for now this would help me a lot.
Kieran
"Indeed!"