Firmware D/L don't work with Firefox 2

All errors or issues on the website/forums should be reported here and will be investigated. Support questions about how to use/access features not documented in the forum FAQ and discussion about the site forums are also welcome here, but please read this thread before posting such items.
markybrooknow
Experienced
Experienced

Firmware D/L don't work with Firefox 2

Post by markybrooknow » Thu Nov 23, 2006 6:21 pm

Although I could dl stuff (firmware) from the site (logged in of course) with IE or FF1.5. I cannot get my Firefox 2 to do the same. Is this a bug? :shock:
Kieran
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by Kieran » Thu Nov 23, 2006 6:28 pm

I don't use nor have access to Firefox 2 to test this issue. One of the other Admins who uses Firefox 2 should be able to confirm if this is the case though.

Do you get any error messages? If not what does FF2 do if anything when you attempt a download? Screen shots always helpful :)
Kieran
"Indeed!"
Invaluable links: Forum Rules | Networking Guides | FAQ | Site Search | Forum Search <-- Use it or feel my wrath!
No support via PM, please ask your questions in the forum!
Shotokan101
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by Shotokan101 » Thu Nov 23, 2006 7:20 pm

FF2 Downloads work fine for me :?

Downloaded all f/w from this thread successfully :-

viewtopic.php?p=9602#9602
Jim

.....I'm Sorry But I Can't Do That Dave.....
Steve
Ex RouterTech Team
Ex RouterTech Team

Post by Steve » Thu Nov 23, 2006 7:59 pm

Yep no problems for me either. When you installed FF2 did you upgrade or uninstall FF1.5 first. I have read that an uninstall, the fresh install is best. (can't remember what I did myself though.)
He ached all over. It wasn't just that his brain was writing cheques that his body couldn't cash. It had gone beyond that. Now his feet were borrowing money that his legs hadn't got, and his back muscles were looking for loose change under the sofa cushions.
- Terry Pratchett

www.bliss.org.uk
Shotokan101
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by Shotokan101 » Thu Nov 23, 2006 8:16 pm

Steve wrote:Yep no problems for me either. When you installed FF2 did you upgrade or uninstall FF1.5 first. I have read that an uninstall, the fresh install is best. (can't remember what I did myself though.)

I've recently done it both ways without any D/L issues..... 8)
Jim

Steve
Ex RouterTech Team
Ex RouterTech Team

Post by Steve » Thu Nov 23, 2006 8:23 pm

Shotokan101 wrote:
Whatever floats your boat Jim, but please, bragging just makes it sound cheap. :wink:
He ached all over. It wasn't just that his brain was writing cheques that his body couldn't cash. It had gone beyond that. Now his feet were borrowing money that his legs hadn't got, and his back muscles were looking for loose change under the sofa cushions.
- Terry Pratchett

www.bliss.org.uk
biro
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by biro » Thu Nov 23, 2006 8:27 pm

Have you got any downloader addons such as "downthemall" ? I know using fresh downloader messes up on FF1.5 complains that it is an html page.
ImageImageImage
All my posts on RouterTech.org are Copyright RouterTech.org
G'Day Laura
Shotokan101
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by Shotokan101 » Thu Nov 23, 2006 8:29 pm

Steve wrote:
Shotokan101 wrote:
Whatever floats your boat Jim, but please, bragging just makes it sound cheap. :wink:
Oss Ippon ! :surrender:
Jim

Kieran
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by Kieran » Thu Nov 23, 2006 8:36 pm

Indeed as biro points out, download managers will not like the firmware downloads as the file is delivered by php code on the fly to the browser and will always start at the beginning when multiple connections are established (what download managers rely on).
Kieran
"Indeed!"
Invaluable links: Forum Rules | Networking Guides | FAQ | Site Search | Forum Search <-- Use it or feel my wrath!
No support via PM, please ask your questions in the forum!
markybrooknow
Experienced
Experienced

Post by markybrooknow » Fri Nov 24, 2006 10:08 am

No I haven't any d/l managers and no addons. It just comes up with the d/l message but never comes up with "save" or "cancel". I suppose it might be a videodriver issue. :( I can d/l from other sites such as
http://free.grisoft.com/freeweb.php/doc ... virus-free
I installed FF2 over FF1.56 and now only FF2 seems to exist.
Steve
Ex RouterTech Team
Ex RouterTech Team

Post by Steve » Fri Nov 24, 2006 10:16 am

I know this sounds like a stock answer, but have you tried completely uninstalling, then reinstalling FF. (maybe ven gettting a fresh download of it?)

At this point, it does look more like a problem with your setup, than with the site. Please let us know how you get on so we can eliminate any problem here if required.
- Terry Pratchett

www.bliss.org.uk
Shotokan101
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by Shotokan101 » Fri Nov 24, 2006 10:22 am

markybrooknow wrote:No I haven't any d/l managers and no addons. It just comes up with the d/l message but never comes up with "save" or "cancel". I suppose it might be a videodriver issue. :( I can d/l from other sites such as
http://free.grisoft.com/freeweb.php/doc ... virus-free
I installed FF2 over FF1.56 and now only FF2 seems to exist.
CAn you post a screenshot please of the system when the "d/l message" appears ? I'm not sure what you mean by this - when I d/l I get a pop up window showing the d/l progress which stays visible till I close it - do you get this with the avg downloads ?
Jim

markybrooknow
Experienced
Experienced

Post by markybrooknow » Fri Nov 24, 2006 10:28 am

OK here goes...

Screen shot submitted..

As you can see "Save File" button never lights up.
Attachments
Image1.jpg
(196.68 KiB) Downloaded 347 times
Steve
Ex RouterTech Team
Ex RouterTech Team

Post by Steve » Fri Nov 24, 2006 10:38 am

click on it once and it then lights up. Mine is the same. Think its a feature.
- Terry Pratchett

www.bliss.org.uk
markybrooknow
Experienced
Experienced

Post by markybrooknow » Fri Nov 24, 2006 10:47 am

click on it once and it then lights up. Mine is the same. Think its a feature.
Nope clicking doesn't make any difference. I'll try uninstalling and reinstalling. EDIT -did that too. Still the same! :twisted:
Last edited by markybrooknow on Fri Nov 24, 2006 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.