TA512v Level 2 Password

All questions related to VoIP/SIP; getting things setup, best configuration, connection issues etc.
brumby

TA512v Level 2 Password

Post by brumby » Sat Mar 17, 2007 7:42 am

Hi, I puchased a TA612V from Officeworks, Tasmania. I have accessed via Level 1 user and pwd admin and password and have found the section to insert VOIP setting is locked. The device was for a company in Aystralia called Engin. Apparently they are one of a few Australians who lock the router.

I note from the forum that a level 2 password is required and I understand that the user name is the same old "admin" and that the level 2 password is the last 8 digits of the MAC address the devices MAC address is 00:0F:B5:DB:8A:C0 yet B5DB8AC0 does not work.

Please help as I do not want to take the item back as I got it from a disposal bin and I am one of those people who like to ssssolve harddd problemsss
Alan
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by Alan » Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:46 am

Hi Welcome to routertech :)

Although I am not familiar with your router, have your tried putting the MAC address in with spaces ? eg B5 DB 8A C0 Also have you tried the user name with a capital 'A' Admin?

Failing that we will have to hope there is a user out there that is familiar with your router :wink:
I Wanna Live 'till I Die!
Shotokan101
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by Shotokan101 » Sat Mar 17, 2007 3:31 pm

according to this thread :-

viewtopic.php?t=772&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=30

the level 2 password is the last 8 digits of the RC4 key - whatever that is.... :lol:
Jim

.....I'm Sorry But I Can't Do That Dave.....
brumby

What is the RC4

Post by brumby » Sun Mar 18, 2007 3:05 pm

What is the RC4 and how to I work out the last 8 numbers of it
studioeng
Experienced
Experienced

Re: What is the RC4

Post by studioeng » Sun Mar 18, 2007 4:14 pm

brumby wrote:What is the RC4 and how to I work out the last 8 numbers of it
Ironicly the RC4 key is hidden on a page which you cannot get access to with the L1 password,

You are close with the MAC address being the password, but you're not quite right. The MAC address is used to generate the RC4 key.

The page you need to get access to is /set_prov.htm; if you can access this page without the need for a L2 password, you can get the RC4 key.
studioeng wrote:A few more hidden menus for you to take a look at...

There is very interesting stuff within these pages, even if they are very obscure Confused

/adv_d.htm
/adv_l.htm
/set_prov.htm
/set_voip.htm
/techsupp.htm
/upgrade.htm
/vsp.htm

Edit: These pages will only work with the Level 2 password
With regards to Sipgate TA612V routers, in order for you to get the L2 password, is to first register the MAC address, and then they can issue you with the RC4 key; if they are kind enough to give it to you.

If you have the ability to download an unlocked firmware, you should be able to access the /set_prov.htm