Netgear TA612v Need help with voipdiscount please

All questions related to VoIP/SIP; getting things setup, best configuration, connection issues etc.
classiczone

Netgear TA612v Need help with voipdiscount please

Post by classiczone » Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:46 pm

Hi

I having problems with voipdiscount I keep getting message registration state failed Could someone please provide me with instructions of how to setup a Netgear TA612v and also I'm behind a dg834g wireless router but worked with http://www.bbpglobal.com installed but not when installed voipdiscount never had it working with it. Could someone please provide me with the settings I need to put into my Netgear TA612v voip adapter as its not configured right I don't think. I've attached my image files of my config so you would see where I may have gone wrong. I'm picking it might be the dns server settings. Which I cannot find and wont work without dns settings. Maybe it might be locked to bbpglobal as netgear has deal with them 500 free minutes included in package

Please reply to post without links to other forum posts.
As Mentioned above I've attached the config menu of settings which is attached to this post

Your help would be very much appreciated

Kind Regards
Grant
Attachments
TA612v_2.JPG
(163.1 KiB) Downloaded 99 times
TA612v_1.JPG
(150.43 KiB) Downloaded 102 times
Shotokan101
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by Shotokan101 » Fri Apr 13, 2007 3:29 pm

You might want to have a read of thi thread - lots of useful info. :-

viewtopic.php?t=772&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
Jim

.....I'm Sorry But I Can't Do That Dave.....
studioeng
Experienced
Experienced

Post by studioeng » Fri Apr 13, 2007 3:39 pm

Image Thanks Shoto, you beat me to it. :D
classiczone

That link doesn't help

Post by classiczone » Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:11 pm

Hi that link you gave me I've read that still cannot get me voice adapter working please read my config as attached and help me out I find it frustrating how I ask not to give links to forums. Someone will be helpful to answer my question

Thanks
Grant
studioeng
Experienced
Experienced

Re: That link doesn't help

Post by studioeng » Sat Apr 14, 2007 2:02 am

classiczone wrote:Hi that link you gave me I've read that still cannot get me voice adapter working please read my config as attached and help me out I find it frustrating how I ask not to give links to forums. Someone will be helpful to answer my question

Thanks
Grant
Well others have read through that thread and they have successfully connected to Sipgate, VoipDiscount and various others.

Naturally I'm assuming you have read this page!? I don't think the DNS are an issue in this case, as long as the DNS and Gateway are correct on the router, and you have it plugged into the Internet port on the TA612V it should be fine. Try unticking the boxes relating to the DNS on the VOIP Settings page.

I would say that the TA612V is not locked, as you can edit the VOIP Settings yourself.

To rule out any problems with Port Forwarding, I would suggest putting the TA612V into the DMZ on the DG834G Router.

This has all been posted on that other thread; shouldn't need to repeat ourselves :D
studioeng
Experienced
Experienced

Post by studioeng » Sat Apr 14, 2007 3:14 am

I have just successfully registered and connected to the VoipDiscount service, I got the broken TA612V working after it decided never to work with Sipgate; but thats a different story. :lol: I followed the instructions on the VoipDiscount pages and it took me no more than 10 minutes to get it working and be able to call out (doesn't seem to be anyway to get incoming calls :? ).

I'm sure you have just made a simple error on the settings you have entered. I do not have any DNS settings entered at the bottom of the VOIP Settings page, the boxes are also all unticked.

* Enable Remote Access as explained in the other thread.
* Make sure you have the TA612V connected via the Internet port NOT the LAN port.
* If you do not use uPNP (or it does not work correctly), you will need to set up port forwarding, or put the TA612V into the DMZ of your Modem Router.

I'm sure that will get you going.
classiczone

Thanks

Post by classiczone » Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:46 am

Thanks for your reply :D I will try that when my TA612v comes back from getting repaired I stuffed around with different settings and the test light stayed on :evil: :oops:

Thanks
Grant