Can't connect to Voip

All questions related to VoIP/SIP; getting things setup, best configuration, connection issues etc.
shift

Can't connect to Voip

Post by shift » Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:39 pm

Hello. I successfully flashed my Ntech ADSL-AWR54A (Aztech DSL600EW clone) with routertech-ar7wrd-adam2-firmware-4ports-20110502 fw wich is great by the way. Thank you for the terrific job on providing great firmware support. This old router is feeling new again.
But I have a problem. I use another router (pirelli drg a223g) as a SIP device. It is connected by ethernet port and I use it with sapo voip, a portuguese provider. Everything was working fine with the old ntech firmware but since the upgrade the pirelli no longer connects to the voip provider. I already forwarded the udp ports (5060, 5070 in this case) but it didn't help.

Anyone can help me?
thechief
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Re: Can't connect to Voip

Post by thechief » Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:49 pm

Post the firmware's System Diagnostics ("Tools" menu).
The Chief: :afro: Be sure to read the Firmware FAQ and do a Forum Search before posting!
No support via PM. Ask all questions on the open forum.
shift

Post by shift » Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:14 am

thechief wrote:Post the firmware's System Diagnostics ("Tools" menu).
Sure, here it is.
Attachments
diag.txt
(22.4 KiB) Downloaded 570 times
thechief
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by thechief » Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:32 pm

I am not sure how RT firmware can affect your voip application. I notice that there are some errors relating to voip in the system log. However, I am not sure what they mean. You might also want to look at the output of "dmesg" (from a telnet session) to see if you can learn more about the problem.

Perhaps the siproxd or mjproxy or udpxy programs might help. Have a look in the docs (features.html, and history.html) for these words.
The Chief: :afro: Be sure to read the Firmware FAQ and do a Forum Search before posting!
shift

Post by shift » Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:28 pm

Thank you for your help. I named the port forwarding rule "voip". Is it possible that the errors you found are related to this rule and the router is not forwarding correctly the ports. That could explain why I can't connect to voip server.

I'll take a look at dmesg and learn more about those programs you mentioned.
shift

Post by shift » Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:53 pm

the output of "dmesg" is attached to the post

I don't think I can use siproxd or the other programs you mentioned because this router (pirelli) is locked to this specific provider and I think I can't change proxy or outbound proxy configs.

I wonder if the problem will be solved if I buy a real SIP device. Any known issues with this kind of devices?

[Edit: dmesg log deleted by thechief]
shift

Post by shift » Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:11 pm

The problem is solved. I've activated vlan bridge network on pirelli router settings and finally it connects to my voip account. The strange thing is that voip was working fine with the original ntech fw, without having that option turned on.

Thank you for your help.
thechief
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by thechief » Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:00 pm

I'm glad you got it sorted. :)

I've deleted the dmesg output file (it didn't tell us much about the problem - and it tells about your wireless).