Blocking dark web access?

An area specifically for port forwarding, firewalls and other (on-line) security related issues.
Avy001

Blocking dark web access?

Post by Avy001 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:06 am

Hey! I have a concern with blocking dark web in my Wifi network. One of my friends who visit my home regularly is accessing the dark web. He says he is just searching it and never use it for illegal activities. I believe him, but I don't want to take any chances. I don't know much about dark web, but have read this article: Is it a Crime to Use The Deep Web or The Dark Web? which says, although searching the dark web itself is not illegal, it can be used for several illegal activities. I don't want to get caught up in trouble due to dark web being accessed in my network. I have checked my Kaspersky Internet Security settings and found nothing to block it. I have gone through my Router (Asus RT-N66U) settings for a way to restrict dark web access and couldn't find or identify, if there is an option. Can someone advise me about how to do it?
thechief
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Re: Blocking dark web access?

Post by thechief » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:58 am

Use the free OpenDNS family Shield service. It will block all sorts of nonsense, and you can configure it to your heart's content.
The Chief: :afro: Be sure to read the Firmware FAQ and do a Forum Search before posting!
No support via PM. Ask all questions on the open forum.