Help needed to configure Port forwarding (DMZ)

An area specifically for port forwarding, firewalls and other (on-line) security related issues.
skybub
Novice
Novice

Help needed to configure Port forwarding (DMZ)

Post by skybub » Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:57 pm

Hi,

I've got a modem router (an AZTECH DSL600EU) running RouterTech firmware which I want to forward everything to a NETGEAR router.

The AZTECH (running Routertech firmware) has been plugged onto the WAN port of the NETGEAR gigabit router and I tried to configure it like this (after a 30/30/30 reset + "restore defaults") :

** WAN Setup **
Only 1 configuration WAN (named "XXXX")
Firewall disabled
NAT enabled

** LAN Setup **
- disabled USB Interface
- "LAN group 1" using ethernet with Static IP address 192.168.1.1 (netmask 255.255.255.0, no default gateway)
- DHCP server and relay disabled

In the advanced tab, I put the following parameters :

** LAN CLIENTS **
LAN connection "LAN group 1"
IP Address "192.168.1.2" (address given to the NETGEAR)
no Hostname
no MAC address

** Port forwarding **
I enabled DMZ with this parameters :
- WAN connection : "XXXX"
- Lan Group : "Lan group 1"
- LAN IP : 192.168.1.2

I've done a "SAVE ALL" and a "REBOOT" command.

When I connect to my router using my external IP address, I still arrive on the AZTECH DSL600EU's page (running Routertech) instead of the NETGEAR's one.

There's something I don't understand ... What's wrong ?
skybub
Novice
Novice

Re: Help needed to configure Port forwarding (DMZ)

Post by skybub » Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:16 am

OK, I've found the solution : there was no problem (even if you leave DHCP server on) !

Actually, when you enter external IP of your modem/router on your browser, the modem doesn't send you on Internet, it stays in local mode : so, it display his configuration page instead of the one of the NETGEAR.

To test your configuration, you have to connect from the outside or use GRC ShieldsUp for example (https://www.grc.com/x/ne.dll?rh1dkyd2).

Routertech's firmware works very well !

Best regards.
thelaw

Re: Help needed to configure Port forwarding (DMZ)

Post by thelaw » Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:10 pm

Just out of question, have you encounter any particular issue during flashing the RT firmware on to DSL600EU? I'm looking for this router as my RT platform.