Redirect remote SSH Connections to another computer help.

An area specifically for port forwarding, firewalls and other (on-line) security related issues.
CyberAxe

Redirect remote SSH Connections to another computer help.

Post by CyberAxe » Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:02 pm

At work i have a Dlink router which i have the newest routertech firmware installed on, i have a computer setup running Ubuntu Server which does most of the stuff for the network (such as dhcp and what not) which is set as the DMZ within the routertech settings.

I also have a dynDNS account setup so i can access the server from an outside network (such as at home or another office) however when i try to connect to the router in this manner i'm redirected to the router SSH server instead of the SSH running on the DMZ the ip for the router is 192.168.1.1 and the server is 192.168.1.2

I've had a look around the ssh interface and tried playing around with dropbear settings but to no avail, can someone help please.

Thanks
mstombs
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Re: Redirect remote SSH Connections to another computer help.

Post by mstombs » Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:40 pm

seems to be same issue as here? viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3559&start=0

If you can use pppoe you should be able to put the modem into full-bridge mode, if pppoa there's an option of running the modem in half-bridge mode which does bypass any modem internal services.