Blocking websites

An area specifically for port forwarding, firewalls and other (on-line) security related issues.
needshelp

Blocking websites

Post by needshelp » Wed May 30, 2012 6:41 am

Hi people I need your help.
Firstly, if this is posted in the wrong area, I apologise in advance.
My issue is to do with the good old torrent websites.
My brother is constantly downloading from various torrent sites through Bit torrent. Its making the internet experience like 1995 for the other 6 people living under the roof. He WILL NOT stop!!!
The router is a NetComm NB6PLUS4W. I have accessed its programming and re routed the main torrent sites back to the routers ip address. This works fine, but the problem I think, is, my brother is typing in 'the pirate bay ' into google and getting around it that way. So, without blocking google, how do I get around this?
I wish there was an easy way to just block Bit torrent, but there doesnt seem to be.
So I conclude by begging anyone for any sort of help to get this sorted out, there must be one warrior out there who has worked out how to defeat these downloading pigs.

Kindest regards, Marcus
thechief
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Re: Blocking websites

Post by thechief » Wed May 30, 2012 7:15 am

You can give torrents a very low priority in your QOS settings, and you can register your network with OpenDNS, which allows you to block all sorts of stuff.
The Chief: :afro: Be sure to read the Firmware FAQ and do a Forum Search before posting!
No support via PM. Ask all questions on the open forum.