BT Home Hub 4 and Xbox 360 with Windows 8 pc

An area specifically for port forwarding, firewalls and other (on-line) security related issues.
macthedj

BT Home Hub 4 and Xbox 360 with Windows 8 pc

Post by macthedj » Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:09 pm

Hi guys, this is a last resort. I was with Sky broadband for the last year and Bt before that. during that time I was able to stream directly from my pc to my xbox which allowed me to watch movies listen to music etc. If anyone knows the xbox they wil know that I would go the the native video app on it and it would see my pc automatically. I never ever had to make any changes to the router to allow this to happen. A couple of weeks ago I changed back to BT broadband in which I was given the new BT home Hub 4. since then my pc will nt see the xbox and vice versa. I have reinstalled windows twice and it has made no difference. I say this because after some resetting of router, xbox and pc the computer will see the xbox and allow me to use the Play To function on windows 8 pc's. That has now completely disappeared and I am sure that the problem lies with the router. If so can anyone help or maybe point me in the right direction