How to execute mini-upnp?

An area of the forum to discuss router binaries (utilities and applications that run on routers) etc.
acrisius

How to execute mini-upnp?

Post by acrisius » Mon May 10, 2010 10:36 am

Hi there,

I need some information in order to run mini-upnp on 2.93 Lite version?
and the ways to store the files on modem.
thechief
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Re: How to execute mini-upnp?

Post by thechief » Mon May 10, 2010 11:36 am

acrisius wrote:I need some information in order to run mini-upnp on 2.93 Lite version?
Actually, there is no upnp in the lite version. If you want to run it, you will need to download it from the repository into the /var/ directory, and then try running it from there - not easily done. If you need upnp, then you should not use the lite version.
acrisius wrote:and the ways to store the files on modem.
Create a 64kb minix partition. See firmware-faq/#minix
The Chief: :afro: Be sure to read the Firmware FAQ and do a Forum Search before posting!
No support via PM. Ask all questions on the open forum.
mstombs
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by mstombs » Mon May 10, 2010 11:37 am

Got to wonder why - the lite version deliberately omits upnp! In non-lite versions miniupnpd is renamed upnpd and has an associated miniupnpdcmd.sh helper script. I guess you would have to edit/recompile with path names on /nvram or /var/tmp, I recall the default is /usr/sbin. squashfs-lzma compression is very effective at keeping size of filesystem size down, it may be tricky keeping enough space on a writable minix flash partition mounted as /nvram.
acrisius

Post by acrisius » Mon May 10, 2010 4:03 pm

I was thought that Lite version could help to reduce consumption of Flash RAM on my DSL600e modem.
thechief
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by thechief » Mon May 10, 2010 4:18 pm

acrisius wrote:I was thought that Lite version could help to reduce consumption of Flash RAM on my DSL600e modem.
It does reduce the space taken on the flash memory. That is why you will be able to create a 64kb minix partition. But you will have to delete the partition if you want to go back to a non-lite firmware.
The Chief: :afro: Be sure to read the Firmware FAQ and do a Forum Search before posting!
No support via PM. Ask all questions on the open forum.