Ebuyer's GWART2-54125 or PTI-8505g stopped working

All about firmwares for routers. Support for RouterTech firmwares is here too.
cranie

Ebuyer's GWART2-54125 or PTI-8505g stopped working

Post by cranie » Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:03 am

Just bought the above router and after it working flawlessly for over a week it just stopped working, could see it on the wireless network, but not connect. Turning off and on made things worse, no wifi, ethernet not working. Tried USB, not found.

So after a bit of searching noticed a few tools on here to connect, i can use PC Tools to connect via the ADAM2 ftp and been searching for a firmware for this router. I think someone on here had a version from Paradigm? If so any chance of posting this as thier support forms fail when trying to submit for me.

I am thinking of un-bricking and using the Acorp one, or taking the hit using the Routertect 2.3 on here and losing the ethernet switch. Anyone have any ideas before i try and reflash (factory reset button had no effect..)

Also any ideas why it might of "just failed", i've not tried to update the firmware due to the "no ethernet support (its the realtek one)"

Any help appreciated.

Thanks
mstombs
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by mstombs » Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:18 am

If it failed on its own after 1 week - I'd return it to ebuyer!

The firmware posted here would be no good for uk - it was for Annex B (ADSL over ISDN) suitable for Germany and other countries - you need Annex A.
cranie

Post by cranie » Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:42 am

I was / am thinking of that but delay in returns = no net at home and slightly concious it could of been me....

Was logged on and in /var/tmp there was a kcore file over 300MB big, so tried to remove that cat /dev/null > kcore and rm kcore (niether of which did anything)...

Then a day after it didn't work..
mstombs
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by mstombs » Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:52 am

HeHe - the /var/tmp is a ram disk - and is only going to be small. No idea what you have done, but if you have overwritten the flash..., but have you tried a hard reset- press and hold a reset button for 30secs or so?
Shotokan101
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by Shotokan101 » Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:09 pm

.....at the end of the day do you really think a box shifter like ebuyer is actually going to (or be be able to) check very deeply ? :?
Jim

.....I'm Sorry But I Can't Do That Dave.....
KevinR
Regular
Regular

Post by KevinR » Sun Nov 04, 2007 12:01 am

On other systems "kcore" is a pseudo (pretend) device file which actually maps onto the real memory of the computer. Its size is pretend as its not a real file - it just references the machine's memory. It mostly/only used by debuggers for fault finding.

As yours was in /var/tmp its probably one of the things the firmware builds during bootup as it does not have a hard drive to work with...

If its a readonly service then your commands probably did nothing. If its writable then your cat /dev/null might have affected it.

I hope that it only refers to the real ram memory and so should have left the flash intact. If it can affect the flash then you have a door stop.

You need to try either 1) a power off - power on cycle. or 2) a factory reset using the little reset button on it somewhere.

If those don't work you are looking for tools which talk to the bootrom on the device. Search other threads about recovery.
Dorcots
Novice
Novice

Post by Dorcots » Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:46 pm

Dosn't sound quite like your problem, but when my SWART2 54125 failed, I only had to reseat the wireles card inside.