RT Firmware: Update Configuration does not seem to Work

All about firmwares for routers. Support for RouterTech firmwares is here too.
thechief
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by thechief » Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:31 am

Dorcots wrote:Has anyone tried doing an ‘Upgrade Gateway’ using the config.bin that I provided?
Yes. And it bricks the router. However, my backup config.bin (saved just before trying yours) works perfectly fine, and restored all my settings. The moral of the story perhaps is that just ticking one thing before saving the default config will not get the job done.

BTW: the brick was recovered simply by sending the environment script (saved when you run the RUC) to the router via the pctool and rebooting the router. You thereafter need to clear your browser cache and/or "repair" your Windows network connection.
The Chief: :afro: Be sure to read the Firmware FAQ and do a Forum Search before posting!
No support via PM. Ask all questions on the open forum.
Shotokan101
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by Shotokan101 » Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:44 am

...didn't brick my 2.3 Chief - I presume you're testing on 2.4 ?
Jim

.....I'm Sorry But I Can't Do That Dave.....
thechief
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by thechief » Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:08 pm

Shotokan101 wrote:...didn't brick my 2.3 Chief - I presume you're testing on 2.4 ?
Yep.
The Chief: :afro: Be sure to read the Firmware FAQ and do a Forum Search before posting!
Dorcots
Novice
Novice

Post by Dorcots » Sat Dec 01, 2007 11:11 am

I have now succeeded in sending config.bin to the router. I understand what I am doing wrong and feel a bit embarrassed. On the alternate ‘Update Gateway’ page, there is an extra ‘Restart Gateway’ button that I should have been using. I had seen the text at the bottom and wanted to go to the System page and select ‘Restart’.

My apologies to thechief for taking so much of his time.

To reduce the chance others making this error, can I suggest that the text at the bottom of the page be changed from:
> Try the right upgradable file and in case of failure or on success RESTART the gateway.
to
> Try the right upgradeable file and in case of failure or on success, select ‘Restart Gateway’.

--------------------------
Shotokan101 wrote:Regarding the 2 minute wait - what model of router ?
My router is a later (RoHS) Safecom SWART2-54125. The approximate successive intervals for the LED flashes are 12, 36, 12, 36, 12, 36 seconds which adds up to about 2 minutes!
thechief
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by thechief » Sat Dec 01, 2007 11:27 am

Dorcots wrote:My apologies to thechief for taking so much of his time.
No sweat :)
Dorcots wrote:To reduce the chance others making this error, can I suggest that the text at the bottom of the page be changed from:
> Try the right upgradable file and in case of failure or on success RESTART the gateway.
to
> Try the right upgradeable file and in case of failure or on success, select ‘Restart Gateway’.
That can be changed - but I think I should point out that the page is exactly the same on all TI-based firmwares for this platform (i.e., we have not changed that screen at all from the original TI reference - and I have not seen any other firmware that has changed it).