RouterTech Firmware v2.5 Discussion

All about firmwares for routers. Support for RouterTech firmwares is here too.
thechief
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by thechief » Tue May 06, 2008 5:58 pm

There are other ways of checking for a WAN connection. I feel an amendment for RT v2.6 coming!
The Chief: :afro: Be sure to read the Firmware FAQ and do a Forum Search before posting!
No support via PM. Ask all questions on the open forum.
Shotokan101
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by Shotokan101 » Tue May 06, 2008 6:20 pm

No - we want RT2.5 SP1 :twisted:
Jim

.....I'm Sorry But I Can't Do That Dave.....
mstombs
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by mstombs » Tue May 06, 2008 6:50 pm

thechief wrote:There are other ways of checking for a WAN connection. I feel an amendment for RT v2.6 coming!
I was interested in some kernel counters, but never got too far, in some distros you can apparently alarm/custom action on a "number of no_replies" or "icmp unreachables" so you wouldn't have to explicitly choose a target to ping.

If you use the dproxy, surely that should notice quickly if all its DNS servers stop replying?
the_flames
Regular
Regular

Post by the_flames » Wed May 07, 2008 12:32 am

just a quick question about v2.5, if I move isp that is a LLU operator, would this firmware on an (me shudders) Safecom swamr-54108, allow full speed of up to 24mb (line dependent)?

or is my good old stable router tech router not upto the job?
Shotokan101
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by Shotokan101 » Wed May 07, 2008 12:37 am

Should,be o.k. the SWAMR-54108 Hardware is rated up to 24Mbps MAx speed... - don't see how this should be firmware limited - obviously it will depend to some extent on the mode/dsl drivers but you're MUCH more likely to be lins condition limited.....
Jim

thechief
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by thechief » Wed May 07, 2008 7:39 am

mstombs wrote:
thechief wrote:There are other ways of checking for a WAN connection. I feel an amendment for RT v2.6 coming!
I was interested in some kernel counters, but never got too far, in some distros you can apparently alarm/custom action on a "number of no_replies" or "icmp unreachables" so you wouldn't have to explicitly choose a target to ping.

If you use the dproxy, surely that should notice quickly if all its DNS servers stop replying?
My preferred option is to query cm_logic. So far, it's proving bullet proof.
The Chief: :afro: Be sure to read the Firmware FAQ and do a Forum Search before posting!
the_flames
Regular
Regular

Post by the_flames » Wed May 07, 2008 9:52 pm

Shotokan101 wrote:Should,be o.k. the SWAMR-54108 Hardware is rated up to 24Mbps MAx speed... - don't see how this should be firmware limited - obviously it will depend to some extent on the mode/dsl drivers but you're MUCH more likely to be lins condition limited.....
Thanks, thats put my mind to rest :D I think a change of ISP is in the air (pipex not being pipex anymore ;) )
Frontier
Novice
Novice

Post by Frontier » Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:19 pm

Hello,

Another newbie here to RT firmwares :)

Flashed my D-Link DSL-G624T with and and works fine. Much better than the official firmware, thank you very much for your effors.

A couple of stupid questions (and suggestions):
1. If I understood the docs correctly, the led's on G624T do not work OK, even if the 'setenv led_conf g604t' command is used; in particular, the STATUS does not flash while the router is running (as it is with the case of the original firmware). Is there anything I can do to fix this or it's something to be fixed in a feature release?
2. How do I load my settings from the 'backup.bin' file created from the Gateway Upgrade page of Routertech firmware?

I especially like the QoS settings, they REALLY make a whole lot more than the 'official' ones.

Again, thank you very much for providing this firmware; you've made me a supporter of your work and I'll spread the word :D
gorneman
Novice
Novice

Litlle How-to in italian

Post by gorneman » Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:49 pm

Hello.
I have posted on my blog a little how-to (wrote in italian) in which I explain the steps to install the routertech firmware on Roper Flynet 125 roadsl2p-wg.
You can find it at this address: http://gorneman.wordpress.com/2008/04/2 ... adsl2p-wg/
thechief
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by thechief » Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:04 pm

Frontier wrote:Hello,

Another newbie here to RT firmwares :)
Welcome :)
Frontier wrote:Flashed my D-Link DSL-G624T with and and works fine. Much better than the official firmware, thank you very much for your effors.

A couple of stupid questions (and suggestions):
1. If I understood the docs correctly, the led's on G624T do not work OK, even if the 'setenv led_conf g604t' command is used; in particular, the STATUS does not flash while the router is running (as it is with the case of the original firmware). Is there anything I can do to fix this or it's something to be fixed in a feature release?
Not much can be done, unless you want to supply us with a copy of the original led.conf file for that router.
Frontier wrote:2. How do I load my settings from the 'backup.bin' file created from the Gateway Upgrade page of Routertech firmware?
The same way you flash a firmware.
Frontier wrote:I especially like the QoS settings, they REALLY make a whole lot more than the 'official' ones.

Again, thank you very much for providing this firmware; you've made me a supporter of your work and I'll spread the word :D
Frontier
Novice
Novice

Post by Frontier » Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:55 am

thechief wrote:
Frontier wrote: A couple of stupid questions (and suggestions):
Not much can be done, unless you want to supply us with a copy of the original led.conf file for that router.
The problem is that RUC did not create a led.conf file while making the backup. It also compained that the Core Logic was too old and prompt to upgrade to the latest official firmware; problem is that the router came with the latest official firmware.

Is it possible to extract somehow the led.conf from the original firmware image? I can supply this one and it 100% OK since I've used it to revert back to the original firmware (after flashing RT firmware).
mstombs
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by mstombs » Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:12 am

Frontier wrote:Is it possible to extract somehow the led.conf from the original firmware image?
Can you provide a link and we'll take a look...
xbipin
Regular
Regular

cant downlaod firware

Post by xbipin » Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:40 am

hi,
i just logged in and tried to downlaod routertech-ar7rd-pspboot-4ports-firmware-20080331.zip and the download.php script starts the downlaod and stops it mid way sometimes after 1mb and most of the times after 4 and 5 mb.
can any1 check ti up and fix it?
Shotokan101
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by Shotokan101 » Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:50 am

Downloads fine for me - as do all the firmware archives.... :?
Jim

Frontier
Novice
Novice

Post by Frontier » Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:53 am

mstombs wrote:
Frontier wrote:Is it possible to extract somehow the led.conf from the original firmware image?
Can you provide a link and we'll take a look...
Certainly.
Here is the latest official firmware for the DSL-G624T: ftp://ftp.dlink.gr/Adsl/DSL-G624T/Firmw ... A.20070924

Thank you very much in advance.