Switch ADM6996

All about firmwares for routers. Support for RouterTech firmwares is here too.
rbilka
Regular
Regular

Switch ADM6996

Post by rbilka » Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:15 pm

Hi there,
are you planning to add support to RoutertTech firmware for switch ADM6996 which is in the D-Link DSL G684T router ?

There is some driver maybe: https://svn.openwrt.org/openwrt/trunk/t ... /adm6996.c

Anyway, in that router, which is on the route to you ( for RouterTech dev team) is original firmware from D-Link but maybe little moded for "Telefonica O2 Czech Republic" to use with IPTV. And there you can select thru web interface, which ethernet port would be connected to which VCC. (Maybe is that done by different VLAN for each eth port on router, i don't know). This is used to prevent the bridged vcc (fot TV) and the other next vcc (for internet pppoe) to mix together. So eth0,eth2 is linked with first vcc ( for two PC on internet thru PPPoE ), eth1 is linked to other/second bridged vcc (for one STB for IPTV) and eth3 is linked to third vcc (for VoIP phone). Everything is clean "isolated". And you can set that self as you wish. This function lacks me in RouterTech firmware, so maybe this firmware (in router which i send you) would be interresting for you ...