Where to find pppHB.sh?

All about firmwares for routers. Support for RouterTech firmwares is here too.
aport

Where to find pppHB.sh?

Post by aport » Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:10 pm

Hi all,

I'm trying to find the Half Bridge script that mstombs has written: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1189

Supposedly it's included with the firmware but I've downloaded several sources and can't find it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm very interested in half bridge mode. Thanks in advance :D
thechief
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Re: Where to find pppHB.sh?

Post by thechief » Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:20 am

/usr/local/bin/pppHB.sh
The Chief: :afro: Be sure to read the Firmware FAQ and do a Forum Search before posting!
No support via PM. Ask all questions on the open forum.
aport

Post by aport » Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:49 pm

thechief wrote:/usr/local/bin/pppHB.sh
I don't have one of these routers. I was actually wondering if someone could post the script.

I would think that it would be provided with the source code tarballs but alas, it is not. Thanks.
mstombs
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by mstombs » Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:32 pm

Hi,

Thanks for the interest, this script is now very specific to the interactions between the RouterTech 'core-logic' and Linux OS. You will probably have found the threads on this site discussing aspects of the development, there's only a few important route and ifconfig commands - most of the rest is my obscure integration code. There's now lots of short name macros and variables to keep the size down, and minimal comments to help me remember what it was supposed to do - I'll have to find the relevant thread to recall the explanation for the "spoofed subnet"!

Do let us know if it is any use...
Attachments
pppHB.sh.zip
RouterTech 2.9.1 half-bridge script
(4.24 KiB) Downloaded 618 times
malhal

Post by malhal » Sat May 14, 2016 12:17 pm

Thanks for posting the script from the firmware. I was trying to port it to the EE Osprey (Alcatel Y855) which has a modem interface is rmnet0 and bridge interface is bridge0. Another difference is its bridge is to wlan0 for WiFi rather than ethernet which I would guess is the reason the half-bridge isn't working for me, when I followed the commands in this other thread: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1189 You were right the script was too obfuscated to figure out how to work the DHCP part but I'm glad its available anyway.