RouterTech Firmware 2.92 Discussion

All about firmwares for routers. Support for RouterTech firmwares is here too.
thechief
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Re: RouterTech Firmware 2.92 Discussion

Post by thechief » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:16 am

It was extended afterwards (in v2.91.1). You will note that the entry in features.html does not restrict it to Adam2.
The Chief: :afro: Be sure to read the Firmware FAQ and do a Forum Search before posting!
No support via PM. Ask all questions on the open forum.
rseiler
Regular
Regular

Post by rseiler » Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:29 am

I know check_env is rough and ready, but what does this mean? Done on 2.91.1 on an Aztec DSL600EU before applying 2.92. Does check_env work from a different, more conservative threshold than auto_defragenv? If so, what is it?

auto_defragenv.sh
Fragmentation level <"22" <out of 68 records>> versus threshold <"30"> is ok.

check_env
thechief
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by thechief » Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:27 am

rseiler wrote:I know check_env is rough and ready, but what does this mean?
It means what was explained in the docs: firmware-faq/#fragmentation (i.e., it either gives you a 0 or a 1).
The Chief: :afro: Be sure to read the Firmware FAQ and do a Forum Search before posting!
rseiler
Regular
Regular

Post by rseiler » Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:27 pm

I understand, but I was referring to the seeming contradiction of my examples, with it returning a 1 when the other tool shows under threshold (effectively, a 0). There seem to be two different thresholds?
thechief
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by thechief » Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:29 pm

There is no contradiction.They both tell you that it is fragmented. One returns a simple yes/no. The other gives more details and tells you how badly fragmented it is.
rseiler
Regular
Regular

Post by rseiler » Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:23 pm

OK, I just applied a different definition to the word "fragmented," since I took check_env to mean that it wouldn't just tell you if there was any fragmentation or not (I figured there almost always would be unless you had just defragged, and if you had, you probably wouldn't be running check_env), but whether the fragmentation had reached a threshold at which the system could be considered fragmented, like auto_defragenv.sh does when it either says "ok" or goes onto defragment. Now that I understand that, I'll just use auto_defragenv. :)
i_love_it

Post by i_love_it » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:13 am

Code: Select all

/var # auto_defragenv.sh
Fragmentation level (152 (out of 193 records)) exceeds threshold ("50"). Auto-defragmenting ...
/var # auto_defragenv.sh
Invalid fragmentation count ("-1"). Quitting ...
I get this output when running auto_defragenv.sh. Is something wrong ?
thechief
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by thechief » Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:29 pm

i_love_it wrote:I get this output when running auto_defragenv.sh. Is something wrong ?
Yes. :shock: It is an error that should not happen. Your environment was very badly fragmented (edit: actually, "trashed" would have been a more accurate description), and this error message should give serious cause for concern. Whether the environment can be fixed from within the firmware is the question. My advice is to get a serial console cable and run "defragenv" (pspboot) or "fixenv" (adam2). My suspicion is that the firmware tried to fix the environment, and failed. It would have called the very same function that the bootloader would have called if you had tried to do it from the bootloader, so I doubt whether trying to fix it from the bootloader would work either. If you're feeling brave, run this command from a telnet/ssh login session

setenv DEFRAG DEFRAG
and hope for the best.
i_love_it

Post by i_love_it » Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:40 am

thechief wrote:
i_love_it wrote:I get this output when running auto_defragenv.sh. Is something wrong ?
Yes. :shock: It is an error that should not happen. Your environment was very badly fragmented (edit: actually, "trashed" would have been a more accurate description), and this error message should give serious cause for concern. Whether the environment can be fixed from within the firmware is the question. My advice is to get a serial console cable and run "defragenv" (pspboot) or "fixenv" (adam2). My suspicion is that the firmware tried to fix the environment, and failed. It would have called the very same function that the bootloader would have called if you had tried to do it from the bootloader, so I doubt whether trying to fix it from the bootloader would work either. If you're feeling brave, run this command from a telnet/ssh login session

setenv DEFRAG DEFRAG
and hope for the best.
Actually, after I rebooted the router, the error disappeared and auto_defragenv.sh reported no fragmentation. I guess I got lucky because the router worked flawlessly even with that environment :)
thechief
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by thechief » Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:10 am

Ok. :) Obviously your router has a psp bootloader. With that level of fragmentation, Adam2 would have completely died long ago.
Jugglah
Novice
Novice

Post by Jugglah » Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:28 pm

what i got
dlink g604t, reconfigured mtd for 2.92, defragmented env with rrt 1.0.7, , flashed 2.92, restored to defaults, configured from scratch.
if i use bridge mode (win or ubuntu pppoe client) - internet works very fast and reliable.
if i configure pppoe in dlink - internet works very bad, many lost packets (checked with wifi and ethernet connection, windows and ubuntu, different PCs).
so dsl part works fine obviously, but there is something terribly wrong with pppoe.
if i do ping from modem telnet with pppoe i got 12-60% packet loss, while in brdige mode from pc gives me 0% packet loss.

p.s.: i figured it out
if dsp_ver = 71a, 72a or 75a, pppoe connection in dlink doesn't work, but dsk + external pppoe works just fine
if dsp_ver = 73a - internal pppoe works without any problems.
how this could be?
btw, should i change atm_ver accordingly?
thechief
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by thechief » Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:09 pm

Jugglah wrote:if dsp_ver = 71a, 72a or 75a, pppoe connection in dlink doesn't work, but dsk + external pppoe works just fine
if dsp_ver = 73a - internal pppoe works without any problems. how this could be?
Dunno - something done differently in dsp7.3, I would suppose. Since we don't have the source code for the dsp drivers, we can only speculate.
Jugglah wrote:btw, should i change atm_ver accordingly?
No. The atm_ver matches the dsp_ver unless something different is specified.

PS: I presume all this refers to RT firmwares?
Jugglah
Novice
Novice

Post by Jugglah » Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:59 pm

thechief wrote:
Jugglah wrote:btw, should i change atm_ver accordingly?
No. The atm_ver matches the dsp_ver unless something different is specified.
PS: I presume all this refers to RT firmwares?
ofcourse - one post above i said flashed 2.92

about atm_ver:
default env dsp_ver = dsp75a
if I setenv dsp_ver dsp73a, should i
setenv atm_ver dsp73a
or maybe
setenv atm_ver atm73a
?
thechief
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by thechief » Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:21 pm

Use the "RT Configurations" menu in the web interface. That is the best way to do it. And you need to know also that everything is case-sensitive, so "setenv dsp_ver dsp73a" will accomplish nothing. What you need is dsp73A.
felixmarra
Regular
Regular

Post by felixmarra » Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:22 pm

Getting problem with the new 2.9.2 :(

Till 2.9.1 no problems at all, with the new one time to time the router stops to reply to ping, webpages go in timeout. I can just see the webservers in my lan (a fonera and a fritz) and the upload in emule works (no download!).

I have a dlink 624T, upgraded from 2.9.1 with tiupgrade currupted mode flagged on and re-configured everything from the beginning.

Any idea?

I noticed a "strange" thing in my Product information page:

Product Information
Model Number RouterTech AR7WRD
HW Revision Unknown
Serial Number none
Ethernet MAC 00:e0:XX:a6:XX:70
DSL MAC
AP MAC

I edited the Ethernet MAC, but I didn't remove MAC addresses in DSL and AP, they are just empty. It is in this way since long time...

Is something wrong with it? How can i restore a clean and "fresh new" env?