Reboot script with RouterTech_3.6.0D_20110103_2.95

All about firmwares for routers. Support for RouterTech firmwares is here too.
AlterEgo
Novice
Novice

Reboot script with RouterTech_3.6.0D_20110103_2.95

Post by AlterEgo » Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:05 pm

Hello All,

This question is in continuation of my earlier post here :

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3629&p=46417#p46417

Basically I have Aztech DSL600E DSL Modem with IP 192.168.1.1 (in bridge mode). It is connected to the WAN port of a Linksys WRTSL54GS IP 192.168.10.1 which is acting as the gateway / DHCP for the rest of the network. I can access the modem interface just by writing its IP address in the web browser.

I was running it with the following information previously :

Code: Select all

Linux RouterTech.AR7RD 2.4.17_mvl21-malta-mips_fp_le #1 Wed Jul 23 00:24:31 BST 2008 mips unknown
BUILD=RouterTech_3.6.0D_20080723_2.60
VERSION=3.6.0D-RouterTech-1P-PSBL
BOARD=AR7RD
Using the Linksys interface I was able to log in to the router and run the /usr/local/bin/reboot command for a modem reboot in case of loss of sync or internet disconnection.

I have now upgraded to the latest router tech version as follows:

Linux version 2.4.17_mvl21-malta-mips_fp_le (developers at RouterTech dot Org) 
BUILD=RouterTech_3.6.0D_20110103_2.95
VERSION=3.6.0D-RouterTech-1P-PSBL
BOARD=AR7RD
After the upgrade if I try to run the reboot script (Whether by logging in modem directly via telnet or connecting it via telnet session open to the router) I receive the following output:

RouterTech.AR7RD login: root
Password: 

*   ROUTERTECH AR7RD ADSL ROUTER (LAN, 1-PORT, USB)     *

BusyBox v1.18.1 (2011-01-03 00:42:00 GMT) built-in shell (ash)
Enter 'help' for a list of built-in commands.

/var # /usr/local/bin/reboot.sh
umount: can't umount /nvram: Invalid argument
umount: can't umount /smbfs: Invalid argument
umount: can't umount /ftpfs: Invalid argument
umount: can't umount /cifs: Invalid argument
umount: can't umount /swap: Invalid argument
umount: can't umount /nvram: Invalid argument
umount: can't umount /smbfs: Invalid argument
umount: can't umount /ftpfs: Invalid argument
umount: can't umount /cifs: Invalid argument
umount: can't umount /swap: Invalid argument
/ # 
And the modem locks up after the above output. It used to reset correctly with the old firmware version 2.6 but not anymore.

Can anyone guide me about it and propose a solution.

Thanks.
thechief
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Re: Reboot script with RouterTech_3.6.0D_20110103_2.95

Post by thechief » Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:15 pm

Try this

/bin/busybox reboot
The Chief: :afro: Be sure to read the Firmware FAQ and do a Forum Search before posting!
No support via PM. Ask all questions on the open forum.
AlterEgo
Novice
Novice

Post by AlterEgo » Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:56 pm

thechief wrote:Try this

/bin/busybox reboot
Have already tried this as well. This locks up the modem as well.
thechief
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by thechief » Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:00 pm

Well, I would say that something is wrong with your router.
The Chief: :afro: Be sure to read the Firmware FAQ and do a Forum Search before posting!
AlterEgo
Novice
Novice

Post by AlterEgo » Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:04 pm

thechief wrote:Well, I would say that something is wrong with your router.
Hmm i might think that too. But it was working fine with the earlier version of RouterTech firmware. Maybe the reason, it is unable to unmount the filesystems as posted in my first thread. Is it normal or usual. What could be stopping it to unmount the file systems. Any guidance would be appreciated, maybe I can make it work with some little tweaks to the reboot script.

Otherwise can I downgrade to old version of router tech (2.6) from the web interface.

Edit:
====

Well trying the same with the save-reboot.sh script in the same folder. It seems to do the trick. Apparently there is no harm in using since no configuration is changed on the modem, the save and reboot will simply overwrite the current used configuration.
thechief
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by thechief » Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:58 pm

AlterEgo wrote:But it was working fine with the earlier version of RouterTech firmware.
That often means nothing.
AlterEgo wrote:Maybe the reason, it is unable to unmount the filesystems as posted in my first thread.
I doubt it - all the attempts to unmount finished running. The error messages are harmless.
AlterEgo wrote:Otherwise can I downgrade to old version of router tech (2.6) from the web interface.
I don't see why not.
AlterEgo wrote:Well trying the same with the save-reboot.sh script in the same folder. It seems to do the trick. Apparently there is no harm in using since no configuration is changed on the modem, the save and reboot will simply overwrite the current used configuration.
If that solves the problem, then that is ok - but the problem should not be happening anyway. I have never seen it happen in 5 years of developing and testing firmwares. I have also not seen any similar problem being reported in this forum or elsewhere, and I can see no reason for it to be happening.
AlterEgo
Novice
Novice

Post by AlterEgo » Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:45 am

thechief wrote:
AlterEgo wrote:But it was working fine with the earlier version of RouterTech firmware.
That often means nothing.
AlterEgo wrote:Maybe the reason, it is unable to unmount the filesystems as posted in my first thread.
I doubt it - all the attempts to unmount finished running. The error messages are harmless.
AlterEgo wrote:Otherwise can I downgrade to old version of router tech (2.6) from the web interface.
I don't see why not.
AlterEgo wrote:Well trying the same with the save-reboot.sh script in the same folder. It seems to do the trick. Apparently there is no harm in using since no configuration is changed on the modem, the save and reboot will simply overwrite the current used configuration.
If that solves the problem, then that is ok - but the problem should not be happening anyway. I have never seen it happen in 5 years of developing and testing firmwares. I have also not seen any similar problem being reported in this forum or elsewhere, and I can see no reason for it to be happening.
Well ok,

Since this is happening thats why it is reported. Can I run any diagnostics or post any command output which can help you determine whether the modem is really failing or not.

Can try switching it back to the old firmware to compare and post the results.

Thanks.
thechief
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by thechief » Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:55 am

You can post the firmware's system diagnostics, although I doubt whether it would reveal anything useful. Rebooting a router via busybox is such a basic task that it should never cause the router to hang. I cannot even begin to imagine what could possibly cause any router to hang in such circumstances. But perhaps the diagnostics might tell us something.