Airties RT-211

All about firmwares for routers. Support for RouterTech firmwares is here too.
thechief
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Re: Airties RT-211

Post by thechief » Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:14 pm

Murjuk wrote:I am not blaming your work.
I know that. After all, I didn't write the pctool :)
Murjuk wrote:Those bunch of lalas in airties think they are smart for locking everything including the DNS ip!
Unfortunately, they are not the only ones. There are at least three other manufacturers - but I won't mention names.
Murjuk wrote:But first I have to say that "autoload 0" option does not work on my router. Os always boots.
"autoload" is only relevant for Adam2. Something just as drastic as "autoload" is to set "crash" to 1.
The Chief: :afro: Be sure to read the Firmware FAQ and do a Forum Search before posting!
No support via PM. Ask all questions on the open forum.
Murjuk
Novice
Novice

Post by Murjuk » Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:20 pm

I don't know if this wil help but, while PCtool is trying to connect bootloader, ADSL led on router turns on and PCtool says connection failed.

I have reset routers IP and retried with rrt, no success:

Code: Select all

00:00:000 Running script
00:00:001 Opening connection: 192.168.2.1, 23
00:00:254 ÿıÿı!ÿûÿû
BusyBox on localhost login:
00:00:473 Password:
00:00:473 Delay for 3 second(s)
00:03:473 Delay for 1 second(s)
00:04:473 (ash)
Enter 'help' for a list of built-in commands.
# y
y: No such file or directory
#
00:04:473 Delay for 1 second(s)
00:05:471 End of script
01:39:036 sh
01:39:036 Closed connection.
Manual abort.
I searched the forum and I found a rt 211 user said that routers ftp port is different so rrt does not work. Can we find that port and manually update firmware?
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=3551&hilit=rt211

Also:

Ping = PASS
Http = FAIL
Telnet = PASS
FTP (bootloader) = FAIL
Server = PASS
thechief
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by thechief » Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:06 pm

Murjuk wrote:I don't know if this wil help but, while PCtool is trying to connect bootloader, ADSL led on router turns on
By then you are far too late. Like I said, your connection window is less than 5 seconds from when the router is switched on.
The Chief: :afro: Be sure to read the Firmware FAQ and do a Forum Search before posting!
Murjuk
Novice
Novice

Post by Murjuk » Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:41 am

I was right, pctool does not work on this router. Please have a look here:
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=3341

So could you please pm that users email to me? I have to ask him what is user and password ro login. Because I have a new brick. :(
thechief
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by thechief » Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:46 am

Sorry we can't give out members' email addresses (for obvious reasons). Why not send him a PM?

In any case, his method of getting the adam2 password is simple enough if you have a similar router - examine a dump of the mtd2 partition (e.g., with a hex editor like "frhed"). So if you know someone with an Airties router, you can do the same. There is nothing secret in the mtd2 partition (which contains only the bootloader).

By the way, you haven't said how you got the brick.
Murjuk
Novice
Novice

Post by Murjuk » Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:23 am

At least please send an email him and ask for password. And please could you tel me how can I copy that partition to my computer, I found a router. I think env and mtd3 is trashed.
Alan
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by Alan » Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:47 am

If you PM the member he will receive an email to his registered email address, telling him that he has received a message on the Routertech forum. Alternately post in his thread and he will also received an email, telling him the thread has had a reply.
I Wanna Live 'till I Die!
Murjuk
Novice
Novice

Post by Murjuk » Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:57 am

Alan wrote:If you PM the member he will receive an email to his registered email address, telling him that he has received a message on the Routertech forum. Alternately post in his thread and he will also received an email, telling him the thread has had a reply.
Thank you I have already sent last night but I don't know if he disabled auto e-mail setting.
Now I am trying to copy mtd2 partion from my friends router but I don't know how can I do it. I read here (http://www.earth.li/~noodles/hardware-dg834g.html) and created a mtd2.bin file but I couldn't start a httpd port to copy dthat file via internet explorer.
thechief
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by thechief » Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:38 pm

See your PM.
Murjuk
Novice
Novice

Post by Murjuk » Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:18 pm

Thank you thechief. I could manage to get username and password. Now I will try to debrick it. But first I am going to say how I trashed it. I tried to repair env and mtd3 via router repair tool. But I guess those files belong to different firmwares. (en tr) So I think I have to repair those. I have backups but I have to learn commands to upload them to router.
thechief
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by thechief » Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:18 pm

Can you connect via ftp now? If you can, then it is only a matter of uploading the backup copy of the mtd3 partition (the RUC would have saved a copy).
Murjuk
Novice
Novice

Post by Murjuk » Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:26 pm

thechief wrote:Can you connect via ftp now? If you can, then it is only a matter of uploading the backup copy of the mtd3 partition (the RUC would have saved a copy).
Yes I connected via telnet (adam2 ftp server) and login. But I don't want to make situation worser. :D So Could you please give me the corrrect command to repair mtd3 partition?
I guess:

put RT-211_mtd3.bin "fs mtd3"
thechief
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by thechief » Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:42 pm

Well, if mtd3 is already trashed, you can't make it (i.e., mtd3) worse, can you? The suggested command should work. Or you could try

put RT-211_mtd3.bin "cfg mtd3"
Murjuk
Novice
Novice

Post by Murjuk » Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:27 pm

I checked if env variables are ok and found that some of them were gone. So I set them, reboot the router and it booted. :D Thank you again chief. This made me much more happy than my first windows 98SE setup. :mrgreen: My next aim is your teams firmware.
(Edit: it works well.)
Last edited by Murjuk on Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thechief
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by thechief » Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:48 pm

I'm glad it's been recovered.

If you can't connect with the pctool, then you would have no option but to use ftp to upgrade the firmware. Note that, when using ftp you will need to set the correct values for the mtd partitions before you "put" the firmware image.