Linksys WAG200G and RouterTech Firmware

All about firmwares for routers. Support for RouterTech firmwares is here too.
mstombs
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Re: Linksys WAG200G and RouterTech Firmware

Post by mstombs » Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:54 pm

The nokia CA-42 can be converted to a serial console cable - not JTAG.
viperlasser

Post by viperlasser » Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:56 pm

How can I configure my Linksys wag200g for sharing internet connection from ethernet port via Wifi as AP ?
thechief
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by thechief » Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:41 pm

Your question is ambiguous. You need to describe exactly what you have in mind.
The Chief: :afro: Be sure to read the Firmware FAQ and do a Forum Search before posting!
No support via PM. Ask all questions on the open forum.
halleyjb

Post by halleyjb » Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:18 pm

I flashed WAG200g with OpenWag200 V1.4 firmware last year, when I moved from ADSL to UTP PPPOE cable internet connection. I could not succeed to config one of Lan ports as Wan port, as I initially thought. I was told that that routertech may do the work (please correct me if it is wrong). Reading relevant threads carefully, I started to follow this procedure to flash my WAG200g (Annex A and Ver 1.0) to Routertech firmware.

I could not run RUC (V.1.4.1) on Win XP SP3; it says real run-time error 326 whatever in debag mode or after installation of VB runtime files. RUC can run on Win7 32, but it asked Http Daemon to start (when backup default config and current config are checked), and then aborded (I could not found Daemon using telnet connection and ps command).

Without checking backup default config and current config, RUC can finish. But it can not find AP and Core Logic (NSP). The results also supurized me, as it can not find Marvell switch chip (see below). Most remarkably, it says this WAG200g has 1130A wireless chip.

Another problem is that it can not backup MTD3: it says MTD3 is too small to be backuped, asking to save the setup first, which I had done.

Bearing in mind the warning of Success of RUC is MUST for upgrading Routertech firmware, I do not dare to continue. I do appreciate if any assitance.

Cheers, JB

Router Upgrade Check 1.4.1 24/11/2013 20:41:08
Router IP: 192.168.1.1
Description: Linksys WAG200g
Board type:
Product ID: WAG200G
Bootloader: adam2
RAM 16.0 MB
Flash (ROM) 4.0 MB
ADAM2: Yes
No default env: No
Linux version: 2.4.17_mvl21-malta-mips_fp_le
Firmware build:
Firmware version:
Firmware stamp:
CPU: MIPS 4KEc V4.8
DSP: 7.04.03.00
Annex: A
/proc/wlan: Yes
/usr/sbin/wlan: No
TIAP: Yes
TNETW: Yes
Wireless: Yes
WIFI chip: TNETW1130
WIFI chip conf: No
Ports: 4
Ports (according to router): N/A
Marvell (or Marvell like): No
NSP: -sh:
Manufacturers:
RNDIS:
HRNDIS:
WARNING
Cannot confirm the model number of the wireless chip.
The wireless access point (AP) may be disabled - ensure it is enabled and then run this program again.
Warning! Core Logic (NSP) could not be read. If the Core Logic version is too low you may need to upgrade to your router manufacturer's latest firmware first.
WARNING
Your router does not have a Marvell switch and so your switch is not supported.
Your Ethernet ports may or may not function correctly with a RouterTech firmware.

Select an AR7WRD ADAM2 4 PORT firmware.
Latest: routertech-ar7wrd-adam2-firmware-4ports-20120130.zip
(only contains single firmware image)
Please read the instructions that come with the firmware files before you upgrade.
Note: a later version of the firmware may exist depending on the how up to date the RUC is.
The date-stamp may be superseded, but the rest of the filename should be the same.
thechief
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by thechief » Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:59 pm

Don't try it unless you have a backup router, and you are happy to trash this one. You cannot install RouterTech on the WAG200G without first changing the bootloader. It is not an exercise for the faint-hearted, and the prospect of failure (requiring JTAG to rescue the router) is real.

Also, you cannot configure any of LAN ports as a WAN port. If this is the real goal, then there is no point trying.
The Chief: :afro: Be sure to read the Firmware FAQ and do a Forum Search before posting!
halleyjb

Post by halleyjb » Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:30 am

Thank you very much for your reply and suggestions.
Don't try it unless you have a backup router, and you are happy to trash this one.
I do use a TP-link 740N V3 now. Just wanna play with WAG200g.
You cannot install RouterTech on the WAG200G without first changing the bootloader. It is not an exercise for the faint-hearted, and the prospect of failure (requiring JTAG to rescue the router) is real.
I don't mind if I trash it. As I have flashed several routers with third party's firmware, I could do a job if the procedure is clearly being followed.

In this case, if I changed bootloader, can I use RUC to backup of environment congfig and MTD3? If it is true, I do have gut to change that. But, the current result that tells me it is 1130A wireless chip, worry me a lot, before deciding to change to PSPboot.
Also, you cannot configure any of LAN ports as a WAN port. If this is the real goal, then there is no point trying.
You are completely right. Without this function, I don't need to do this. Perhaps, I should sell it or give to someone. Thanks.
morecrap

Post by morecrap » Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:41 am

I'm unable to find the 'wholeflash.bin' for the WAG200G.

Someone please help! All SF.net links redirect to this page.
thechief
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by thechief » Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:55 pm

Doesn't exist here.
morecrap

Post by morecrap » Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:23 pm

Please help. I really need to unbrick my sweet WAG200G. I can't use anything else. No other ADSL routers have that awesome range..
thechief
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by thechief » Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:38 pm

morecrap wrote:Please help. I really need to unbrick my sweet WAG200G. I can't use anything else. No other ADSL routers have that awesome range..
firmware-faq/#wag200g
mstombs
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by mstombs » Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:35 am

morecrap wrote:I'm unable to find the 'wholeflash.bin' for the WAG200G.

Learn to use the internet archives and waybackmachine etc! There is currently a mirror of the old wag200 project files here:-

http://download2.polytechnic.edu.na/pub ... AG200/1.4/
wlkn
Novice
Novice

Post by wlkn » Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:15 pm

morecrap wrote:I'm unable to find the 'wholeflash.bin' for the WAG200G.

You do not need wholeflash.bin, just burn PSPBoot image as CFE using JTAG, and then use PCTool to install RouterTech firmware.

OpenWAG200 project is no longer available, due to many newbie users calling themselves VICTIMS after they brick their device.
morecrap

Post by morecrap » Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:41 pm

Great! Thanks guys! Thanks for your help!
wlkn
Novice
Novice

Post by wlkn » Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:17 pm

Following mstombs' advice, openwag200 files will be available on SourceForge.net for extra years;
http://sourceforge.net/projects/volkan- ... penwag200/

Recovery instructions for bricked devices on http://openwag200.sourceforge.net/recovery.shtml
BrollyLSSJ

Post by BrollyLSSJ » Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:27 am

Thank you for everyone for this nice guide and the firmware. I just successfully flashed version 2.95 from the First post using my Windows 7 32 Bit. I was using OpenWAG200 (ANNEX B) 1.4 before and wanted to try a new firmware as I read that OpenWAG200 is not developed anymore. RUC was not working for me (said it could not save mtd3). Maybe it is not compatible with OpenWAG200 (ANNEX B) 1.4. With RouterTech 2.95 it was able to read everything (used it to get the correct 2.97 image now). PCTool 2.4 just worked out of the box. For W.E.B. 1.0.4 I had to manually download the winsock.ocx (thanks to neo for mentioning it in his thread), though it took me some time to find that solution. I started all programs in compatibility mode (XP SP 3) and with rightclick "run as administrator".