set ethernet speed command, switch is failing

All about firmwares for routers. Support for RouterTech firmwares is here too.
Alpha_Tay
Novice
Novice

set ethernet speed command, switch is failing

Post by Alpha_Tay » Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:36 pm

hi, i think my switch is failing, but router and wifi is still working well. is there any command i can set the ethernet speed via telnet? yea i know i can set it at the router config webpages there, but i would like to know the command of it, thx in adv.
Alpha_Tay
Novice
Novice

Re: set ethernet speed command, switch is failing

Post by Alpha_Tay » Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:04 pm

from what i search around the internet, it is something like ifconfig ethx [ip] media 10baseTX mediaopt full-duplex right?
thechief
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by thechief » Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:16 pm

And your router is?
The Chief: :afro: Be sure to read the Firmware FAQ and do a Forum Search before posting!
No support via PM. Ask all questions on the open forum.
Alpha_Tay
Novice
Novice

Post by Alpha_Tay » Sat Sep 27, 2014 3:07 pm

aztech 605ew
thechief
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by thechief » Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:57 pm

Ok, there is no low-level command that I know of for that device. It is not one that is known to have a dodgy switch though. What makes you think that the problem is with the switch?

Perhaps you can do what you want with ifconfig - but I would be surprised if you could. The cm_cli interface is more likely to be fruitful - but it is notoriously undocumented, so it's all about guesswork and trial&error.

Bottom line: things that can be set from the web interface can usually be done from the command line - if you know the right arguments to send to cm_cli. I don't have the time to peek into the web interface files for clues - but you can look in the html/js files in /usr/www/ (wish you luck with the TI reference spaghetti code ...)
The Chief: :afro: Be sure to read the Firmware FAQ and do a Forum Search before posting!
Alpha_Tay
Novice
Novice

Post by Alpha_Tay » Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:40 pm

i have the almost same symptoms like this. so i think it is due to bad capacitor.

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=4662

my router switch port 1 LED is on even if there is not ethernet port plug into switch port 1 since long ago while the switch port is still working.

some days ago, the switch is dead, all 4 port, the router is still working including wifi. if plug in ethernet cable, the router switch port led light would turn on, when look at the led light at my computer ethernet port, only the yellow led is blinking, the orange led would not turn on, the computer would keep negotiating and get a 169.254.x ip, i changed to few other ethernet cable and tested all 4 router switch port, all get the same result.

i heard that force 10mbps may fix it, so i would like to try that with command.

can u tell me the command to force 10mbps that work with routertech firmware?
thechief
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by thechief » Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:21 pm

Use the web configuration.
Alpha_Tay
Novice
Novice

Post by Alpha_Tay » Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:26 pm

i am asking for command if there is any.
thechief
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by thechief » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:43 am

And I have already said this;
thechief wrote:Ok, there is no low-level command that I know of for that device. It is not one that is known to have a dodgy switch though. What makes you think that the problem is with the switch?

Perhaps you can do what you want with ifconfig - but I would be surprised if you could. The cm_cli interface is more likely to be fruitful - but it is notoriously undocumented, so it's all about guesswork and trial&error.

Bottom line: things that can be set from the web interface can usually be done from the command line - if you know the right arguments to send to cm_cli. I don't have the time to peek into the web interface files for clues - but you can look in the html/js files in /usr/www/ (wish you luck with the TI reference spaghetti code ...)
Alpha_Tay
Novice
Novice

Post by Alpha_Tay » Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:40 pm

ok
Alpha_Tay
Novice
Novice

Post by Alpha_Tay » Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:22 pm

hi, i test it again with usb ethernet adapter.

that day there is heavy thunder strike. right now modem/router still working. only switch port 1 is failing, port 2 3 4 is still working, but strange, port 2 3 doesnt work for bridge mode pppoe dialing, port 4 is working for bridge mode pppoe dialing.