Not Bricked But Stuck With The Incorrect Firmware.

All about firmwares for routers. Support for RouterTech firmwares is here too.
Radiotech
Regular
Regular

Not Bricked But Stuck With The Incorrect Firmware.

Post by Radiotech » Thu May 26, 2016 5:09 pm

I hope someone can help, I have a dual band router made by ZBV, not very expensive but did work well, the Japanese company sent me an updated firmware when I flashed it, it didn’t brick the router BUT was the incorrect for the model so I have lost the 5g band eventually after 6 weeks I managed to get the original firmware, the only problem I have now is the firmware in the router at the moment won’t flash the proper firmware I get this message:
The question is without getting too technical is there a way of forcing the router to update to the correct firmware, any help would really be appreciated
thechief
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Re: Not Bricked But Stuck With The Incorrect Firmware.

Post by thechief » Thu May 26, 2016 8:10 pm

Are you trying to flash the firmware from the router's web interface? If so, there is probably a check that is preventing it. The manufacturer might have a low level flash tool for doing this, or perhaps there might be an ftp interface.
The Chief: :afro: Be sure to read the Firmware FAQ and do a Forum Search before posting!
No support via PM. Ask all questions on the open forum.
Radiotech
Regular
Regular

Post by Radiotech » Thu May 26, 2016 9:47 pm

Thanks for the reply
Correct I'm using the web interface is there an easy answer, or is it more complicated
thechief
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by thechief » Fri May 27, 2016 11:33 am

If the web interface will not accept the firmware, then there is no easy answer. You will have to go low-level.
The Chief: :afro: Be sure to read the Firmware FAQ and do a Forum Search before posting!
Radiotech
Regular
Regular

Post by Radiotech » Fri May 27, 2016 5:22 pm

thechief wrote:If the web interface will not accept the firmware, then there is no easy answer. You will have to go low-level.
Hi can you explain what you mean by low level? There must be a way or rectifying the problem I would of thought that a brick router was more serious but maybe not it seems.
thechief
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by thechief » Fri May 27, 2016 8:13 pm

I already said:
thechief wrote:... The manufacturer might have a low level flash tool for doing this, or perhaps there might be an ftp interface.