RouterTech Firmware v2.1 Discussion

All about firmwares for routers. Support for RouterTech firmwares is here too.
acrouter
Regular
Regular

Post by acrouter » Sat Nov 11, 2006 6:43 pm

# cat /proc/interrupts
7: 1418170 R4000 timer/counter [MIPS interrupt]
8: 0 unified secondary [hw0 (Avalanche Primary)]
15: 48 serial [hw0 (Avalanche Primary)]
23: 188101 + SAR [hw0 (Avalanche Primary)]
41: 172294 + Cpmac Driver [hw0 (Avalanche Primary)]
47: 60 + DSL [hw0 (Avalanche Primary)]
#

For "BOARD=OPEN" its probably means the importer's branded firmware. This particular model's at http://www.opennw.com/products/broadband/634.php

Unfortunately they havent provided any firmware all I have is the backup.
And Regarding AnnexM I am not sure of the details but from Opennw site's Iconnect 624W and 634 are AnnexM capable which look identical to Aztech's 600xx. Also people here have tried and are using the solwise 600EW firmware on 624W so I assumed its the same unit.

little bit of more info 624W atm doesnt come with AnnexM support, I believe it's supposed to be added. My one (634) witht he current firmware doesnt have it either yet. But those two model's were announced for AnnexM.
http://www.opennw.com/corporate/news/2006_Aug.php
biro
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by biro » Sat Nov 11, 2006 7:24 pm

Don't know but the extra flash may be that the normal 2M was a bit tight for adding the extra code for annex M support ( appears so far only avaliable in Australia ), and personally always thought 8M RAM was too little especially with the potential extra connections at the higher upstream speeds. I'm still waiting for 2Mb downstream let alone 2 Mb upstream !

Could be they have literally pulled out the wireless card.
ImageImageImage
All my posts on RouterTech.org are Copyright RouterTech.org
G'Day Laura
thechief
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by thechief » Sat Nov 11, 2006 7:40 pm

acrouter wrote:# cat /proc/interrupts
7: 1418170 R4000 timer/counter [MIPS interrupt]
8: 0 unified secondary [hw0 (Avalanche Primary)]
15: 48 serial [hw0 (Avalanche Primary)]
23: 188101 + SAR [hw0 (Avalanche Primary)]
41: 172294 + Cpmac Driver [hw0 (Avalanche Primary)]
47: 60 + DSL [hw0 (Avalanche Primary)]
#

For "BOARD=OPEN" its probably means the importer's branded firmware. This particular model's at http://www.opennw.com/products/broadband/634.php

Unfortunately they havent provided any firmware all I have is the backup.
And Regarding AnnexM I am not sure of the details but from Opennw site's Iconnect 624W and 634 are AnnexM capable which look identical to Aztech's 600xx. Also people here have tried and are using the solwise 600EW firmware on 624W so I assumed its the same unit.

little bit of more info 624W atm doesnt come with AnnexM support, I believe it's supposed to be added. My one (634) witht he current firmware doesnt have it either yet. But those two model's were announced for AnnexM.
http://www.opennw.com/corporate/news/2006_Aug.php
Clearly, there is no wireless card registered on the interrupts. So this is probably an AR7WRD device with the wireless card removed. That simply converts it into an AR7RD device (because the "W" in "AR7WRD" stands for "wireless"), with more flash and RAM.

The unit looks exactly like the Solwise/Aztech 600E* series (I have a feeling of deja vu - which means I must have said this before :-)). But this one has a psp boot loader, whereas the Solwise/Aztech use Adam2. The RT firmwares probably will work, but will not of course support AnnexM.

However, since you have more flash and RAM than the standard AR7RD devices, you may as well go for the extra functionality in our AR7WRD firmwares - and you can disable the wireless functionality from the web interface.

Good luck!
The Chief: :afro: Be sure to read the Firmware FAQ and do a Forum Search before posting!
No support via PM. Ask all questions on the open forum.
acrouter
Regular
Regular

Post by acrouter » Sun Nov 12, 2006 5:27 am

I can confirm 624W does have Adam2, only 634 seems to have psbl.
Bit more info re. Annex M, this from Aztech sg suggests that even 512/2Mb can support Annex M :shock:.
http://www.aztech.com.sg/pdf_brochure/aztech_adsl.pdf
The relation with the higher flash and memory seems to be with AR7W and upnp.
While searching I also found another AR7 with annex M
http://ar7.wikispaces.com/Acorp+modifie ... -Link+30xT
acrouter
Regular
Regular

Post by acrouter » Sun Nov 12, 2006 10:40 am

Edit: seems the marvell is there after all.
thechief
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by thechief » Sun Nov 12, 2006 2:53 pm

acrouter wrote:While searching I also found another AR7 with annex M http://ar7.wikispaces.com/Acorp+modifie ... -Link+30xT
Hmmm ... can't find any reference to AnnexM on that page :?

PS: AnnexM seems to be an unratified "standard".
The Chief: :afro: Be sure to read the Firmware FAQ and do a Forum Search before posting!
Shotokan101
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by Shotokan101 » Sun Nov 12, 2006 4:15 pm

thechief wrote:
acrouter wrote:While searching I also found another AR7 with annex M http://ar7.wikispaces.com/Acorp+modifie ... -Link+30xT
Hmmm ... can't find any reference to AnnexM on that page :?

PS: AnnexM seems to be an unratified "standard".
ADSL_G.dmt.bis_AnxM I would guess is the selection :?
Jim

.....I'm Sorry But I Can't Do That Dave.....
thechief
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by thechief » Sun Nov 12, 2006 6:36 pm

Indeed. Unfortuntely, I just did a search for "Annex".
Shotokan101
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by Shotokan101 » Sun Nov 12, 2006 6:39 pm

thechief wrote:Indeed. Unfortuntely, I just did a search for "Annex".
Don't think the spelling would have mattered anyway Chief as I only just spotted it in the screen capture images :wink:
Jim

acrouter
Regular
Regular

Post by acrouter » Mon Nov 13, 2006 4:26 am

Well, first try was messed up, The router's now stuck at adam2 boot ftp.
All the mtd's are not there, Will try to set em manually and load it again. So glad I backed up the env. Test 2 firing away.
acrouter
Regular
Regular

Post by acrouter » Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:14 am

I seem to be stuck, When trying to put my old firmware back on mtd3 aborts and trying by the pctool it says invalid magic number. The boot flashs the internet led but doesnt seem to go past adam2. I loaded the Env variables and autoload. Seems I am missing something.

Any one know how to activate emergency mode going by this post?
http://www.solwiseforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7269
I seem to be having same problems.
biro
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by biro » Mon Nov 13, 2006 10:54 am

Try setting

mtd2 0x90000000,0x90010000
mtd3 0x90010000,0x90020000
mtd4 0x90020000,0x90400000 (4M flash)
or
mtd4 0x90020000,0x90200000 (2M flash)

And deleting the settings for mtd0 and mtd1, Should then be able to put a single image firmware on it (or the backed up mtd4).

Have found that when mtd0 and mtd1 are set they have to be set to the correct values for the firmware being put onto the router. Without them as long as mtd4 is set correctly for the correct flash size then mtd0 and mtd1 are set by the firware upgrade.
ImageImageImage
All my posts on RouterTech.org are Copyright RouterTech.org
G'Day Laura
acrouter
Regular
Regular

Post by acrouter » Mon Nov 13, 2006 3:05 pm

Posting now from RouterTech 2.1 :twisted: .

Few lessons learned for others.....

If per chance your env does get wiped ( can and does happen with any flash even provided by the original company)
1. backup of env is a must.
2. The env part will have to be rebuilt through Adam2. Learn the syntax of Setenv. (I kept putting spaces has to be , seperated.)
3. With my env the bootloader looks for the BOOTCFG variable which has to have ....:"mtd1". My problem was this, reason was I put in the variable using ftp using quote command which always removes "" no matter how many times I put em. Had to telnet to Adam2'sIP 21 to get the "" in.
But try not to use telnet 21 when entering other variables, It didnt let me see the input only the output, I have a variable mtd0 with multiple delete chars after which I cant remove :roll:.
4. Save information about Adam2 commands like a few wiki's around the web. You 'll need them if the external programs aren't compatible for your modem.

Some other stuff
Pctool was very dodgy with this modem, It seems this modem erases then writes whenever command to write on mtd's is given. Pctool always timed out when the wait time came up. On mtd4 it progressed with the erase progress bar a bit then started to act like winamp's music equilizer. Thats right the progress bars instead of continuing to right side started going up and down :scratch: . It always crashed after.

Pre feedback Re. RouterTech 2.1
Everything is running smooth so far, I am a happy chappy.

regarding this modem....
All leds work as normal except the dsl link led, it works opposite i.e. is on from start then blacks out once dsl is connected.

The Modem setup now shows all as choosable modes :?: i.e. with G.Dmt and Adsl2 it shows Annex I,J and M. I assumed Routertech firmware
didn't have Annex M, even though I cant use it in my area I am loving this more and more.

Oh and in new connection tab I think that is MTU and Enforce MTU instead of MRU.

Very nice firmware, Thanx to all for providing it to the rest of us. :notworthy:
thechief
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by thechief » Mon Nov 13, 2006 7:57 pm

acrouter wrote:I seem to be stuck, When trying to put my old firmware back on mtd3 aborts and trying by the pctool it says invalid magic number. The boot flashs the internet led but doesnt seem to go past adam2. I loaded the Env variables and autoload. Seems I am missing something.

Any one know how to activate emergency mode going by this post?
http://www.solwiseforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7269
I seem to be having same problems.
I know that you have sorted out your problem now, because I read your last post :). However, some versions of the pctool do not like some routers at all. It is best to have at least 2 or 3 different versions of the pctool, in case one or the other does not agree with your router.

I think perhaps we should host 3 different versions of the pctool here, so that people can find a central place to download all of them.
Shotokan101
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by Shotokan101 » Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:15 pm

Sounds like a great idea Chief - even better if we could add some info/comments about which works best with which models I suppose....
Jim