Cisco 2811 - Slow response issue again...

General networking problems and issues. Questions about cabling, switches, hubs etc. can go here.
teddytklee
Novice
Novice

Cisco 2811 - Slow response issue again...

Post by teddytklee » Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:16 am

Hi again,

I have been tasked to determine the problem for the above Cisco 2811 for slow response to the Internet.

The router is a bundled 4-E1 connections into a single Multilink for Internet purposes. We have detected that the Internet slows down within a 24-hour period and upon ping and trace route test we have hone down to our router to our service provider with high latency > 600ms when at normal it is below <10 ms.

Upon restarting the edge router, the performance when back to normal which is less than 10 ms. After monitoring this within a 24-hour period the high latency increases again at our router to our service provider again.

We are unable to pinpoint where the problem might be as the interfaces and SNMP do not detect any issues. No buffer failures or misses.

Currently our IOS is Version 12.3(8)T5. We have been informed that upgrading the version of the IOS may resolve the problem. If this resolves the problem, what is the actual cause for this? Appreciate any insight into this.

Thanks.
mstombs
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by mstombs » Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:33 am

I can't personally help you, but I have seen some Cisco questions answered on

http://www.chetnet.co.uk/

forums are mainly for Virgin (ex-ntl) cable modems, but guess there's a lot of Cisco kit in the network...