4 pin to 8 pin (phone cable to ethernet cable)

General networking problems and issues. Questions about cabling, switches, hubs etc. can go here.
shareef

4 pin to 8 pin (phone cable to ethernet cable)

Post by shareef » Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:41 pm

I've recently bought a Cisco RV 120W wireless router. The router has a Ethernet port for WAN connection. But the cable end (which was setup by the ISP) has a phone cable with 4 pin plug/jack.

Is there any way I can use the Ethernet WAN port to connect my 4pin phone cable?

The connection type is PPPoE.
mstombs
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Re: 4 pin to 8 pin (phone cable to ethernet cable)

Post by mstombs » Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:52 pm

You need an Ethernet modem to convert from ADSL to Ethernet! Are you sure you have purchased the right router?
steveosiris

Post by steveosiris » Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:22 pm

Sounds like this is a technical question that you should ask your ISP about.
shareef wrote:I've recently bought a Cisco RV 120W wireless router. The router has a Ethernet port for WAN connection. But the cable end (which was setup by the ISP) has a phone cable with 4 pin plug/jack.

Is there any way I can use the Ethernet WAN port to connect my 4pin phone cable?

The connection type is PPPoE.
Steve Osiris - I need to read the forum rules and to abide by them. SPAM signature removed by thechief.
casper111

Post by casper111 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:03 pm

Is it possible to use up the Ethernet wan port for the newly bought router Cisco rv 110w. I would like to make the plugins on to the Ethernet connection. Plea e help me with the strategy.