IPTV, two simultaneous bridge connections, DDNS

General networking problems and issues. Questions about cabling, switches, hubs etc. can go here.
muffle

IPTV, two simultaneous bridge connections, DDNS

Post by muffle » Wed May 08, 2013 2:00 pm

Hello,

I hope someone can help me out. I have two questions, or problems. I am using a Turbolink AR860 V2 modem/router together with a Netgear WNDR3800 router. The Turbolink was always just used as the modem connected via PPPoE with the router's WAN port. But I wanted to find out, if I could use my ISP's IPTV network somehow, and I finally was able to do so yesterday. For this, I created a second bridged connection in ther Turbolinks's setup, which is running RouterTech_3.6.0D_20120130_2.97 (psbl; 20120130220545) btw. The first bridge was used for the PPPoE connection, the 2nd for the IPTV one. But I had the problem, that the moment when I played an IPTV stream, the PPPoE Connection of the Netgear went down, and the moment I stopped the IPTV stream, it went up again.

I then changed the setup, that the Turbolink did the PPPoE connection, so it acted as the internet router. And now I was able to see the IPTV streams together with the router being connected with the internet. But I don't want the Turbolink be the interner router, mostly because it's hardware is way slower then my Netgear, especially because of wanting to run Torrent networks.

Is there a way, I still can let the Netgear be the PPPoE connector, and have the Turbolink connect simultaneous to the IPTV network?

The other problem I had is, that DDNS is not working with your firmware. It just does nothing, the icon stays red. Of course I have a working DDNS client on my Netgear, but I can't use it anymore, if I would be forced of having the Turbolink be the router.
thechief
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Re: IPTV, two simultaneous bridge connections, DDNS

Post by thechief » Thu May 09, 2013 10:16 am

muffle wrote:Is there a way, I still can let the Netgear be the PPPoE connector, and have the Turbolink connect simultaneous to the IPTV network?
It depends on what the Netgear supports.
muffle wrote:The other problem I had is, that DDNS is not working with your firmware.
It works. If it doesn't work for you, then you need to look at your set up.
The Chief: :afro: Be sure to read the Firmware FAQ and do a Forum Search before posting!
No support via PM. Ask all questions on the open forum.
muffle

Post by muffle » Thu May 09, 2013 9:32 pm

What does that mean, how would I do that? And DDNS doesnt work because there is no DDNS client in that image. How big is the DDNS client? Is there a way I could delete something else like the IMPG proxy? Could someone post the DDNS exec here maybe so I could upload it via telnet?
thechief
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by thechief » Thu May 09, 2013 11:02 pm

DDNS works, and the relevant binary is most certainly there.

Post the output of the firmware's system diagnostics (under the "Tools" menu).
The Chief: :afro: Be sure to read the Firmware FAQ and do a Forum Search before posting!
No support via PM. Ask all questions on the open forum.