Need Help setting up a Business Network for LAN and Wireless

General networking problems and issues. Questions about cabling, switches, hubs etc. can go here.
DoNotPassGo

Need Help setting up a Business Network for LAN and Wireless

Post by DoNotPassGo » Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:44 pm

Hello. I'm currently working an IT position at a business, and we are in process of trying to change the wireless network (more so, how it is configured). Networking is not strong for me in any way (I was a Computer Science major who mostly focused on programming and such), and most of the network skills stopped at configuring my home router to keep my Xbox connection open and ported correctly.

Here is the setup.

Currently, the business has set up a domain for the LAN which we use to login to user accounts. Connected to the LAN are the business desktops, servers, domain controllers, network printers/scanners/copiers, and the routers. There is also the wireless network; on it we have office, parts, and shop wifi, and also two Guest Networks.

Currently, the entire* network is giving out 192.168.0.x IP Address', in the range of 0.10-0.210. The problem we are running into is that we are starting run out of IP Address' with the growth of the company, causing us to have to release random Phones that are connected and such.

My post is asking for help to:

We want to move the wireless network so that anyone connected to the Shop/Office/Parts/Guest1/Guest2 networks are given out .1.x IP's and not .0.x IP's. We also want access both ways between the LAN and WiFi networks. By that, I mean that the .1's should have access to the LAN network (for network printers/scanners mostly), but we also want the .0's to have network access to the .1's (Remote Desktop access and such).

Before I was working here they had tried something like this before. The .1's could access the printers, but the IT Department (on the .0 LAN) could not access the .1's computers. What kind of router configuration could I do to make this all work?

I think* it has to do with bridging the connections or the routers, but I am likely just talking out of BS.