Before I start, here's the hardware in question:
- Router: Linksys E4200 V2
- Modem: Arris TM722
So, I did a quick reset of my router. Nothing. Then, I unplugged it for 10 seconds, plugged it in, then tried again. Nothing. I updated the firmware to the latest version (2.0.37 to 18.104.22.168204). Again, nothing. Hmm. So I went to check on the modem (logically). Power-cycled that, unplugged and replugged in the router, still no dice. However, I did notice that a direct connection from my laptop to the modem (what I'm using right now) allowed me to connect.
From here, I followed a guide that went something along the lines of:
- Turn off your modem, router and PC.
- Plug in your router to the modem.
- Turn on your modem, and wait for it to boot completely.
- Turn on your router, and wait for it to boot completely.
- Turn on your PC, and try to connect.
So, anybody have any clues as to why this is happening? I feel like it's something on the router end (Considering the IPv4 is 0.0.0.0, and release/renew does squat). Nothing I've found by searching has worked so far.