Random Blank Pages

General networking problems and issues. Questions about cabling, switches, hubs etc. can go here.
SteveF

Random Blank Pages

Post by SteveF » Thu Jan 01, 2015 1:17 pm

Hi all! First post.

I'm using a Linksys EA4500 with BT Infinity. It's been working fine for about 15 months, but yesterday afternoon we started getting blank pages on a number of web sites, some worse than others. The page usually displays correctly after one or more reloads. Same issue on multiple devices (Windows, Mac and IOS), multiple browsers (Firefox, IE and Safari) and with WiFi and wired connections. Tried restarting the router (twice) and BT modem (once) and also cleared Firefox cache on one machine; no change.

BT say it's nothing to do with them.

Any ideas?
mstombs
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Re: Random Blank Pages

Post by mstombs » Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:02 pm

:welcome:

Unless you are doing something like adblocking with 3rd party firmware on the router - it definitely sounds as though it is a BT fault, perhaps a repeat of a few weeks ago?

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2014/12/12 ... f_outages/

You could try specifying different DNS servers in your machines or perhaps in the router if it has that option, but I'm not sure that is all your problem.

Bit quiet around here, you probably get more help on some dedicated BT forums.
SteveF

Re: Random Blank Pages

Post by SteveF » Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:26 am

Cheers for that. I suggested that it may be a DNS issue, but the agent said it wasn't (well they would, wouldn't they!). I'll see how it goes for a few days and try BT again.

After I registered and posted I did notice that the forum has been a little quiet, but thanks for your advice anyway.

Steve.