Brightbox 2 Router 2.4 Ghz not broadcasting

General networking problems and issues. Questions about cabling, switches, hubs etc. can go here.
imonix

Brightbox 2 Router 2.4 Ghz not broadcasting

Post by imonix » Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:13 pm

Hello all,

I recently got hold of a brightbox 2 router with an EE broadband purchase.

Yesterday my two windows 7 computers connected to it seeing the SSID, and at least one of the laptops performed a speed test successfully using the 2.4 Ghz connection. Within minutes the 2.4 Ghz SSID disappeared from the 2 laptops without trace. Two iphone4s that use 2.4 Ghz fail to see the SSID too.

The 5 Ghz SSID broadcast is fine and as expected, the TV, modern Sony phone and IPad works with it.

Firmware states it is upgraded automatically, and the SSID settings haven't been changed since the time the laptops were working (although I have experimented with WEP and WPA settings, I've been through and used all the channels separately before returning to auto mode to eliminate as best I know, the possibility of conflict), the MAC filter is disabled.

Am I correct in assuming that something has gone pop inside the router? I can find any brightbox diagnosic software out there.

EE are sending me a replacement as the call centre in India couldn't resolve the problem.

I am writing this connected to the router via the LAN.

Any advice gratefully received.
Alan
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Re: Brightbox 2 Router 2.4 Ghz not broadcasting

Post by Alan » Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:23 am

Hi, If the wireless doesn't, start up after a reeboot, try a factory reset. If it still doesnt work, then yes I would say something has burnt out inside.
I Wanna Live 'till I Die!