Tinyproxy Usage Poll

Polls and the resulting discussions.

How Useful Is The Tinyproxy Feature in RT Firmware ?

Very Useful - I use it regularly
6%
Useful - I'm considering using it or might use it
17%
Not particularly useful - I don't use it and am not considering it
78%

Total votes: 18
Shotokan101
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Tinyproxy Usage Poll

Post by Shotokan101 » Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:42 pm

As Routers have limited memory available to implement new features space is always at a premium.

The RouterTech Development Team are currently reviewing the current firmware features with a view to making optimum use.

As part of this exercise we are reviewing the the usage of the Tinyproxy facility which is currently built in to the RouterTech Firmware.

To this end it would be very useful if you could participate in the poll below regarding whether you currently make use of Tinyproxy in the RouterTech firmware.

In addition, if you do use Tinyproxy, can you please give us some feedback as to how you use it and it's ease of use or otherwise ?

It would also be useful to get feedback on your configuration (tinyproxy.conf) and where you obtain your blacklists/whitelists for the tinyproxt.filter file, etc., or whether you produce them yourself.

Thanks for your assistance.
Jim

.....I'm Sorry But I Can't Do That Dave.....
Shotokan101
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by Shotokan101 » Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:17 pm

Well I don't use it and won't be using it - mainly as both my kids are now over 18 and provided I don't get hit with legal consequences of them using my router I let them control their own browsing habits.

I can see that it may be useful for those with younger families but feel that it would need to be easier to configure and monitor for the average user.

Jim
Jim

.....I'm Sorry But I Can't Do That Dave.....
thechief
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by thechief » Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:16 pm

Seeing that we are so deluged with votes on this poll, it seems that no-one uses (or is interested in) Tinyproxy.

It will therefore be removed from future RT firmwares.
The Chief: :afro: Be sure to read the Firmware FAQ and do a Forum Search before posting!
No support via PM. Ask all questions on the open forum.