21%
Other
7%

Total votes: 108
Steve
Ex RouterTech Team
Ex RouterTech Team

Post by Steve » Mon May 29, 2006 4:18 pm

Welcome Grotius. I've been watching your comment on that other excuse for a forum. Very amusing, yet sad that it turned sour over there. It used to be a worthwhile place to get information.

Good thing is, we're all here complete with our own solutions like bespoke firmware. (thanks to some very hard work by TheChief.)

There is more in the pipeline too, resolving some of the other long standing problems with routers like the flawed SWAMR-54125. (Mine now runs very reliably for weeks without a reboot, crash etc. :D )

I'm sure you'll ake a valuable addition to our forum.

Welcome.
He ached all over. It wasn't just that his brain was writing cheques that his body couldn't cash. It had gone beyond that. Now his feet were borrowing money that his legs hadn't got, and his back muscles were looking for loose change under the sofa cushions.
- Terry Pratchett

www.bliss.org.uk
Grotius
Novice
Novice

Post by Grotius » Mon May 29, 2006 4:32 pm

Hey guys, guess what - I got "baned" on the Dark Side :) :) :)

Not only that, they have deleted most of the articles posted there today, in order to delete my posts (not as if there is a lot of activity there anyway :roll: ).

This is my official banning message, received by email from one of Darth Vader's minions. Not only that, his "professionalism" also lends itself to rudeness to his company's customers:
Safecom2 wrote: Hi GrotiusReloaded,

The following email has been sent to you by Safecom2 from your account on the adsltech Forums.

If this message is spam or you find offensive please contact the webmaster of the forum at the following address: -

forum@adsltech.com

Include this email and the following: - BBS=adsltech Forums;ID=5386;USR=
Safecom2;

Please note that the reply address to this email has been set to that of
Safecom2.

Message sent: -
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mr Grotious!

Due to your childish behavior on the forum and continue to post bad on the forum, your account is going to be baned and will not be allowed to post any more. I know it wouldnt be causing you any trouble but I think you should have left the forum without doing these bad and your ID wouldnt be banned in such a way.

<foreign language words removed by thechief>

farewell
Mr gongroo
It is interesting that he thinks I am the one behaving childishly - on the contrary, it is their Administrator, who is so childish and insecure that he cannot bear the thought of anyone disagreeing with their official lines. Guys - they are really scared of this forum! - and they have every right to be so. You guys were the heart of that forum, and, when you all left, it died. They don't want people to know where you went.

I am so happy to be "baned" from a dead forum!
Fearless Fang - redeemed from The Dark Side (now The Dead Side). RouterTech Rocks!
dataman
Novice
Novice

Post by dataman » Mon May 29, 2006 7:11 pm

For some reason my account on adsltech is now blocked !
Don't know why they never told me anything and has been a few days since my last post.
Hope they block all the IP's (dynamic IP from ISP) I've used including cybercafe's would stop a lot of users getting to them.

Hope adsltech still read this forum so they can see what people really think of there 'helpful' attitude to PAYING customers.
Shotokan101
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by Shotokan101 » Mon May 29, 2006 7:13 pm

Never Mind - Join the Club :wink: Welcome :D
Jim

.....I'm Sorry But I Can't Do That Dave.....
eMuNiX
Ex RouterTech Team
Ex RouterTech Team

Post by eMuNiX » Mon May 29, 2006 7:32 pm

dataman wrote:For some reason my account on adsltech is now blocked !
Don't know why they never told me anything and has been a few days since my last post.
Hope they block all the IP's (dynamic IP from ISP) I've used including cybercafe's would stop a lot of users getting to them.

Hope adsltech still read this forum so they can see what people really think of there 'helpful' attitude to PAYING customers.
I got banned for complaining that my PMs and the ability to PM was removed. Fickle bunch.
Grotius
Novice
Novice

Post by Grotius » Mon May 29, 2006 8:38 pm

Sorry dataman. I think I got you banned by replying to one of your posts which they had missed.

Actually, I think you guys should name and shame all the Safecom staff who have registered on this forum. We don't need them to come here, pretending to be normal users, and spreading their FUD. Just my two cents.
Fearless Fang - redeemed from The Dark Side (now The Dead Side). RouterTech Rocks!
the_flames
Regular
Regular

Post by the_flames » Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:29 pm

Steve wrote:Careful you don't log in with an alias you want to keep then. pretty obvious anyone seen viewing that thread has come directly from here.

ooops too late, I wonder If there gonna ban lurkers now :P
biro
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by biro » Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:24 pm

Think they've pretty well done that now ( think they've gotten too trigger happy banning IP's) , a lot of the 'functions' show as access denied.
ImageImageImage
All my posts on RouterTech.org are Copyright RouterTech.org
G'Day Laura
Techsolver
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Techsolver » Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:30 pm

Don't think it is band IPs, I think they have just totally messed up the site, my clean PC on a different dynamic connection has the self same problem.
Martyn
Ex RouterTech Team
Ex RouterTech Team

Post by Martyn » Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:49 am

I think the other side is now dead to all intents and purposes. The odd question followed up with the same stupid inane replies by the SC bods.
Mugwump's Origo Repair CD
Kieran
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by Kieran » Tue Nov 07, 2006 10:21 am

Regretably they do now seem to be allowing people to register and log in again :(
Kieran
"Indeed!"
Invaluable links: Forum Rules | Networking Guides | FAQ | Site Search | Forum Search <-- Use it or feel my wrath!
No support via PM, please ask your questions in the forum!
biro
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by biro » Tue Nov 07, 2006 12:03 pm

Kieran wrote:Regretably they do now seem to be allowing people to register and log in again :(
Now all they have to do is learn how to provide technical support :twisted:
ImageImageImage
G'Day Laura
Steve
Ex RouterTech Team
Ex RouterTech Team

Post by Steve » Tue Nov 07, 2006 12:27 pm

The standard of "English" used over there on AT has degenerated to the point where it makes very little sense.

I'm not poking fun at users who post problems and English is their second language.... but if the forum is defined as English speaking, then at least you would expect the staff to be a little better trained.
He ached all over. It wasn't just that his brain was writing cheques that his body couldn't cash. It had gone beyond that. Now his feet were borrowing money that his legs hadn't got, and his back muscles were looking for loose change under the sofa cushions.
- Terry Pratchett

www.bliss.org.uk
biro
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by biro » Tue Nov 07, 2006 12:36 pm

Steve wrote:The standard of "English" used over there on AT has degenerated to the point where it makes very little sense.
Don't worry about it, they always repeat the same 'advice'
so understand better the given 'advice' when again read.
ImageImageImage
G'Day Laura
biro
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by biro » Tue Nov 07, 2006 12:40 pm

Steve wrote:then at least you would expect the staff to be a little better trained.
trained
Ah, now I understand why they say we are not qualified to give advice, they are trained we only have knowledge from experience.
ImageImageImage
G'Day Laura