Facebook vs Myspace:

Talk about anything you like here, as long as it's non-technical and within the rules. No support questions here please! Posts here do not count towards your total
greeksalad

Facebook vs Myspace:

Post by greeksalad » Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:06 am

Hello, what is all the fuss with these two? I've had a look at myspace and yeah its got some good features like promoting your music and stuff, then had a look at facebook and its a bit of a mess, seems a bit all over the place and difficult to understand.

But thats just my opinion
Kieran
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by Kieran » Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:40 pm

Facebook is neat (less so since the introduction of applications), nice looking (because users can't use their own (bad) code) and is very functional with an API and all sorts of nice goodies. It also does a much better job of linking you to your friends, not to mention photos.

MySpace just sucks - there really is nothing good to be said about it. Although if you want some of the best examples of some of the worlds worst users of HTML MySpace is the place to go.
Kieran
"Indeed!"
Invaluable links: Forum Rules | Networking Guides | FAQ | Site Search | Forum Search <-- Use it or feel my wrath!
No support via PM, please ask your questions in the forum!
juliennepeters

Re: Facebook vs Myspace:

Post by juliennepeters » Fri May 07, 2010 4:13 am

Ultimately, which social networking site you prefer really depends on what you like in a site. In addition to MySpace and Facebook, there are numerous other social networking sites that you can use to meet new people and to stay in touch with old friends. Each of these serves its own niche group (for example, there is Linked In for professionals). What is important to remember is that the popularity of each of these sites is going to wax and wane over time. If you're just looking to get on the latest trend, you'll have to flitter from site to site. But if you want to really develop connections on the sites, find the one that has an interface you're most comfortable with using and start getting to know people there!